The online racing simulator
Circuit of 2000s
(14 posts, started )
Circuit of 2000s
all the circuits in LFS is build with the environment, you can see the trees near the road, following the lay of the land to up & down hill, just like Monza.

but, the new circuits is build on a very wide place, just like Shanghai. designer can do all the things he want, spectators can see all of the circuit.
#2 - ajp71
I'd rather see circuits go the other way, much more enclosed, more varied scenery and more interesting circuits with natural corners and elevation changes. Why anybody would want to race on a flat, dull, overly wide circuit surrounded by a sea of tarmac I don't know, certainly somebody I know who raced the similar Bahrain circuit in something slower than an F1 car and smaller than an oil tanker said it wasn't a great track to drive or race on.
I'm with ajp71 on this one. Most new tracks look really false. I'd much prefer a racetrack that's built around the environment they have rather than an environment that's built specifically for a racetrack.
Cadwell, Spa etc FTW
Elevation changes FTW. There's no better than some uphills and downhills, between trees, going fast thru corners on slightly narrow road, tiny bumps and a rough surface on the edge of roads side so you can feel them when you cut a bit. Very strong feeling of speed and a good adrenaline rush.

Best tracks are usually based on normal roads. No street tracks, but tracks like Nordschleife.

These modern, wide, flat tracks are very boring and easy.
Hugenholtz (Zandvoort) owns Tilke(Istanbul)x99999
can you stop suggesting soo many similar tracks?
chavm, I am really sorry but you should be the last person telling somebody to stop posting...

But to stay on topic
The Hilke Tracks have two advantages over older tracks:
1) The attending audience can overview pretty much the whole track from everywhere. Thus, for the people there, it's better than an old, hilly track.
2) They are safe for the drivers, because they have lot's of run off areas, no blind corners and are easily accessible for rescue teams. Thus, they are better for the survivability of the drivers.

But now comes the point which renders the suggestion pretty useless: We neither have live audience that is restricted to a certain place from where they have to watch the race, so there is no need for the track to be in good view from every angle.
Nor can we, due to the nature of LfS, be harmed while racing, rendering the second merit useless.

So what we basically have left after the main selling points don't apply here, is a quick, boring to drive, boring to look at track. Now, if I would want to get bored i'd watch Formula 1 but not drive LfS.

So in my humble opinion the only point speaking for adding such a track is because nowadays all modern tracks are that way and the devs would want to have one in game for the sake of having a modern track in LfS.
brands hatch or donington
easily configurable and more than one layout elevation change ans scenery...
so many tracks i figure it might be easier to get the UK tracks as that is where LFS is developed isn't it?
Quote from ColeusRattus :But to stay on topic
The Hilke Tracks have two advantages over older tracks:
1) The attending audience can overview pretty much the whole track from everywhere. Thus, for the people there, it's better than an old, hilly track.
2) They are safe for the drivers, because they have lot's of run off areas, no blind corners and are easily accessible for rescue teams. Thus, they are better for the survivability of the drivers.

1) I'd much rather attend a race at an exciting track that I can only see a corner or two at than attend a race at a boring track that I can see in its entirety. I might be in the minority, but that's how I feel.
2) True, these newer tracks are safer, but from many drivers that I've talked to (amateur right on through to world-class pros) most seem to prefer the more exciting tracks, dangerous or not. They know what they're getting into when they get in the car.

I really, really want a more exciting circuit in LFS. SO is awesome because it's so tight and a mistake is often very costly. Blackwood is nice, but a little more open in some spots than I typically prefer. Kyoto and Aston are boring IMHO as is Westhill. I want a Cadwell or Mosport or Mont Tremblant clone... as I've said many times before :P
If anything we need less tracks like the ones being built today. From my point of view, Aston(probably the most modern track in the game) is the most boring. Meanwhile, tracks that seem a bit more ancient(like Fern Bay), seem to offer more because of the tight conditions and harsh punishment for cruel mistakes. Modern tracks seem to lack something that almost all older tracks had. Another problem with modern tracks is the huge amounts of tarmac run-off. There's more than a slight chance(can almost garuantee it) that the run-off is going to be abused in order to quicken lap times. Since we don't have to worry about FIA wood plank standars at the end of the race, it seems more than likely people will run over the kerbs even if it causes suspension damage.

You only can take advantatge from a termac runoff if there is in a chicane, esses. Termac runoff is for safe and for risk more at that point if you want to overtake. So don't say that you can take adventatge from it.
#14 - 5haz
Something along the lines of Brands Hatch would be great, Infact most of the club circuits in Britain that weren't built on airfields would make great style tracks for LFS.

Circuit of 2000s
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG