The online racing simulator
#1 - lerts
i just got my new g25, any advice?
any advice for this wheel so i enjoy it the most?
#2 - CSU1
Congrats!

Say good adios to whatever you have left of you social life

Everyone is different and retains different driving styles, this is what makes it so exciting, don't listen to any advice on how to drive, the only way to learn is to practice/practice/practice, then you'll have a unique style of you own.
#3 - lerts
oh my good this wheel is awesome i get sexually excited driving with it :hyper:
#4 - CSU1
use the full turning range, dont be a cheater
#6 - CSU1
900 degrees is abit rough to start with lol

don't mind him
i use 300 deg , is that good or ... ?

waht is good for Bl1 and xfgti ?
#8 - lerts
yep thats the first thing i noticed

for the fmb have better feeling with 200º than 300º, why is that?
#9 - CSU1
Quote from Hamed Sam :i use 300 deg , is that good or ... ?

waht is good for Bl1 and xfgti ?

whatever feels right to you is best
Quote from CSU1 :whatever feels right to you is best

Awesome sig And who opened this topic? Oh
#11 - CSU1
Quote from lerts :yep thats the first thing i noticed

for the fmb have better feeling with 200º than 300º, why is that?

Lerts I just can't answer any of your questions without wetting myself laughing

I just don't know what you are using the wheel for now after post #3
the thing is the lower the degrees of turn the faster i am

im currently using 125º of turn and i feel much better grip than if i use 300º

why is this?
my advice is don´t get fooled by the 900 degrees hype... I never understood it. Very few racing cars have 900 degrees of travel in the first place. If they do they have tons of steering lock to compensate .

Remember the G25 and others have adjustable travel that is what make they so good. For me personally for sims I mostly run 460 degrees. For arcade racers all the way down to 70 since that seem to mimic a gamepad better which their steering is optimized for...
Personally lerts I would setup the wheel to how the car is meant to be, such as 720 degrees for standard and turbo class (just go to car setup, steering (I think) and it will give you the cars intended lock). Same goes for shifting really.

When I first got my G25, and up till now I never used unrealistic steering locks, apart from when I was learning to drift.
#15 - CSU1
For each car I match the in-game wheel lock to the G25 Profiler hardware lock.

my preference is to lower the lock within LFS below hardware lock for city circuits with fast corners, and above hardware lock for circuits where more axis input for smooth input whilst battling the elements at high speed, which on oval is crucial to save tyre's.

as i've said Lerts everyone sets up different, it's what makes good battles.

My advice, find what feels comfortable with the G25 in each car once, stick to that hardware lock setup and build the setup for each and every track/car there in.

backup you're setups too
#16 - wild
Well I've been using this settings for quite a while and i find them Excellent to drive with Have a try with that see if you like it :P

Overall Effects Strength - 101%
Spring Effect Strength - 101%
Damper Effect Strength - 101%

Enable Centering Spring In Force Feedback Games (Tick)
Centering Spring Strength - 101%

Degrees Of Rotation: 400 Degrees
#17 - CSU1
Quote from wild :Well I've been using this settings for quite a while and i find them Excellent to drive with Have a try with that see if you like it :P

Overall Effects Strength - 101%
Spring Effect Strength - 101%
Damper Effect Strength - 101%

Enable Centering Spring In Force Feedback Games (Tick)
Centering Spring Strength - 101%

Degrees Of Rotation: 400 Degrees

i never really could understand why people use the spring effect, if you encounter forces lower than the spring effect you won't feel them

also the last time i checked LFS doesn't take advantage of the spring effect whatsoever...
yesterday i tried 10 times to start my pc and woudnt start

today as a last resort i unplugged the g25 and it started

does it make any sense?
#19 - CSU1
Quote from lerts :yesterday i tried 10 times to start my pc and woudnt start

today as a last resort i unplugged the g25 and it started

does it make any sense?

happens sometimes, USB can be a pain in the rear at the best of times

what other hardware do you use ie. usb hubs, kb, mice external HDD's etc???
Start using 900 + Clutch + Shifter as soon as you can, gets you used to it tbh, once you mastered that, anything less is easier.

Also, take care with the shifter, dont abuse it, dont treat it roughly. Glide throug the gears, not jamming them into the brackets, and it wont get broken

Ash
no only got the g25 conected but dont dare to turn off my pc now

i though low degree of rotation was better but it was just due to faster countersteering

force feedback gets much better with low sensitivities, now im using 600º
Why should you get used to 900 degrees? Are you talking about Gran tourismo or racing sims in general? You say it yourself using less is easier. You can´t call it a cheat since many racers don´t even have access to more then 270 degrees of lock if even that...

As mentioned it´s not even realistic in most racing cars. rally and F1 have about 560 (this can differ of course) Different drivers want different lock just like in simracing.

If you drive Gran Tourismo and stock cars not race tuned then I can see the point. But one of the first upgrades I was would be adjustable lock

As for using centering spring some people use it since they don´t particularly like force feedback. Think it´s exaggerated from real life which it is .

On the G25 the resistance without force feedback is non existant which isn´t very realistic. Centering spring helps getting more realistic resistance when you turn the wheel with no or little force feedback applied. the downside is as you say the smaller force feedback effects aren´t felt. One thing I like about my Fanatec 911 wheel it has some resistance when turning at all time. Also helps with the centering since it doesn´t snap back to center like the G25 does. In my real cars it does stop a bit before fully centered so feels more realistic
Both high and low steering locks have their own advantages and disadvantages, as everyone has his own tastes.

Low lock helps you to countersteer faster and save the car more often, but the downside of it is that turning to much is easy, so you can provoke a slide accidentally, also front tyres will suffer a lot more.

High lock gives you a lot bigger axis range to work with, so you can perform a much more accurate manipulations with steering wheels, the car is less prone to oversteer cause over steering, front tyres are much less punished also. Of course if you'll be bumped in the rear quater panel, you have less chances to save it, but it's not impossible

While high lock takes quite a bit more time to accomodate, but it does have it advantages IMO.

Also, another playing factor is realism. Many people play LFS as it is a realistic (to a certain point ) sim, and they want to play it realistically, meaning playing with a steering wheel, not gamepad. Using locks comparable with lock of RL cars is one thing that adds realism to the driving, while also giving a extra challenge

Personally, I use 900* lock in road cars, in S-S and GTRs - their corresponding lock. Is it harder? -Sure, but that only makes it more interesting. I'm not an alien, but I surely can compete with others. The thing I don't get, is why buying a G25 if you're not going to use shifter and lock of higher than 270, I'd use my old FF EX if I wanted that Yeah yeah...better quality etc. I still don't think its a reason to overpay

The conclusion of all this is, each to his own. Let people use whatever they want.
Why the hell did you buy a G25 when you use it at 125°??? You could have bought a Momo then..
no since it always have 240 degrees of lock or what it´s on the momo racing. Momo force red is 270 I want to remember.

That the G25 has so low lock possible is a plus for arcade racers. It´s more fun driving those too with a wheel. I hope future drivers for the 911 allows lower lock then 180 for some arcade titles. You can use less in GRID for example but it sucks a bit not getting the force feedback stops

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG