The online racing simulator
ctra admin
(21 posts, started )
ctra admin
hey guys

about 7 months ago i got banned from ctra due to my stupidity. in the report it says i can pm doof in 6 months to get my ban possibly lifted. i have pmd doof several times but i havnt got a reply. is there another admin i can talk to about this? SamH?

thanks
Bans
Hey, just a quickie while we're on the topic of bans. I still have my Mid-term ban on my licence even though its over 3 months old... I was advised that after the 3 months it would not be viewable to the public but it still is

I'm pretty sure i joined the same day as the ban so it should have started from then, so maybe one of you nice guys can take it off? since my ban has been lifted my stats have improved a lot so you have definatly made an impact on my racing.

Thanks for listening

P
I didn't even know that sanctions were removed from your public profile after a certain period of time. If it was up to me they would be viewable for the public forever. Just because you've improved your driving (and behaviour?) in the last couple of months doesn't make the sanction you got then any less valid, and it shouldn't have an "expiration date" on your public profile IMO.
#4 - Bean0
I can see why people would say they should stay on there, but on the other hand, any endorsements you get on your real UK driving license can be removed after they expire.

Even the likes of causing death by dangerous driving only stays on your license for 11 years.
Alright, so let's say a mid-term ban for wrecking or racist behaviour stays on your public profile for about 5 years then
Shame i can't pass my bans over to my wife in this case eh? "i got caught Mrs, but you have to take the wrap!..."

Furthermore, i think the notes on my licence are still visible with a identity key so they don't totally come off... I can still see my warning/ban on the MYCTRA page but the public can't - which reminds me everytime i look at my licence...
#7 - Bean0
If your wife was driving using your license it would be against the Ts&Cs of CTRA
Quote from Bean0 :If your wife was driving using your license it would be against the Ts&Cs of CTRA

I was just stating (for example) what i "possibly" would do in a real life situation if facing a driving ban. I have read the rules more than once and am fully aware that sharing the CTRA licence is strictly against CTRA rules or umm is it the DVLA?!?! haha
#9 - SamH
I think the length of time an infraction stays is actually longer for bans, shorter for cautions, and warnings no longer appear there at all. I'll have a look at how long the bans are and edit.
Quote from SamH :I think the length of time an infraction stays is actually longer for bans, shorter for cautions, and warnings no longer appear there at all. I'll have a look at how long the bans are and edit.

ok, i'll look forward to hearing how long it takes for them to come off, not that i'm planning on getting anymore! I've really enjoyed the last month or so on the SS3 server its been really rewarding and i've kept a clean sheet so things are on the up!

P.s. Good job on the V1 server last week, it was a hard job with many hitting 1.12.x times! i'll practise and improve and hopefully make it in the cut for the race next time

Cheers again
P
Hi all

As a newbie to LFS etc. I have had a look on the CTRA website but I can't work out how you actually get a licence to join.

Any helpful advice greatfully received.

Thanks
Just hop onto a CTRA server from within LFS hun, it's all automatic from inside the game
As Becky points out, the license is created just by joining the CTRA servers.
You will however, need to use the $password command whilst on a CTRA server to create your password, you can then use it to log in on the CTRA website.
Also be aware that, as a beginner, you can only join the entry lever servers, which are: Race 1, Single Seater 1 and UF-BR. As you gain points you will progress to higher licenses which will allow you to join the higher licensed servers that run the faster cars.
Quote from obsolum :Also be aware that, as a beginner, you can only join the entry lever servers, which are: Race 1, Single Seater 1 and UF-BR. As you gain points you will progress to higher licenses which will allow you to join the higher licensed servers that run the faster cars.

^ And Bump & Jump
Wel, Hi, sry for bump this thread but i have to say something: I got banned from CTRA and i don´t know what´s the reason for this, please some CTRA Admin can tell me why i´m Banned? and what to do? i recently Pm-ed do0f, but i posted this because some people pM-ed him too and they didn´t got a reply, and im scared, Please someone can tell me what to do? i´m using only the Single seater 1 server, but i cant go on it again, and in any server i can´t, please someone can talk to me?.

Adolfo Herrera.
#17 - do0f
#18 - VoiD
Quote :
Complaint:
Evidence of driver removing players from the start grid, despite CTRA regulations forbidding it.

Admin Response:
Mandatory 30 day ban. This behaviour is one of the most selfish acts witnessed on CTRA servers, and until now has been impossible to prevent or detect. Not any more.

So there´s no mandatory 30 days ban from now on..? Fill an appeal and apologise yourself for being an arse and everything is OK...? I hope not!
Quote from VoiD :So there´s no mandatory 30 days ban from now on..? Fill an appeal and apologise yourself for being an arse and everything is OK...? I hope not!

Shame this guy has only got 1 point on the single seater, would have been nice for him to get 500 points deducted too!!!!!!!!!!!!
#20 - SamH
Quote from VoiD :So there´s no mandatory 30 days ban from now on..? Fill an appeal and apologise yourself for being an arse and everything is OK...? I hope not!

There is still a lack of understanding about how this is against the rules.. and for some, there is still a "what does this button do?" element. We ban on first offence, accept appeal and unban. 2nd offence stays with no right to appeal. The mission is to raise awareness of the offence and stop people removing others from the grid, not to ban them for 30 days. If we can establish that it was a 1-time error that won't be repeated, I'm happy to unban and move on. Notes on the above report show that this is working..
Quote :*** 16/10/2008, 21:22:44: do0f - PM follow-up: Hi again, i remember that, i was confused that day, i was trying to see other racers cars, but removing they from starting line wasn´t my reason, and yes i never will try it again and really sorry for that, really thanks for unbanning me, and again, i will never do it one more time.

#21 - VoiD
Okidoki, thx for making this clear.

I hope ADOLF1612 noticed (t)his link too...

ctra admin
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG