The online racing simulator
binding flappy paddle buttons to indicators??
Hey is there any way to bind my flappy paddle shifters on G25 to the indicators?? and im a noob at shit like this so pls step by step?? thank ya
yes. If you have logitech Profiler (you should, and if you don't, go download it from logitech.com) You can map the paddles to buttons.

1. Open up Profiler
2. Look at bottom left of window, it should say "Left Paddle" and "Right Paddle" with lines connecting it to the actual paddle on the picture when you hover over it.
3. Left-click "Left Paddle"
4. select "select keystroke" -> "new keystroke"
5. Press record button.
6. Press the "7" button, and then press stop.
7. do steps 3-6 for the right paddle, but use 8 instead of 7 in step 6.

notes: 7 is left blinker, 8 is right blinker, 9 is hazards, and 0 is off ingame LFS. You should map a 0 somewhere for ease of use so you dont leave your blinker on like an old lady

hope you get it working
there should be a way for me to set it so that if i click it once it turns it on, then again and it turns it off shouldnt it??

Oh and thanks
Quote from M0RFIUS :.... shouldnt it??

No, unfortunatly. Thats the way lights are switched off in LFS atm...

Just to add, you can also map those bindings for pressing keys in LFS directly, using scripts, which is a better and simpler alternative IMO.
yeah sounds good.. ill look into it.. although the G25 seems to look fine
There is a way to press once to get them to turn on, then press again to turn them off.

Its called 'Cycling Commands'

Basically, make a command which contains the pressing of button 7/8/9, then save that. Make another one pressing the button of 0.

Then click the button you would like to use, and make a new Cycling command, use the first command of presssing 7/8/9, then the next being 0. That way you press it once to turn it on, and again to turn off

Ash
You can do this without it being supported in LFS.

You can bind just about anything you want with autohotkey http://www.autohotkey.com/

For example I have one button I press on my DF GT and it shows the Damage. 6 seconds later it switches back to tire temp without me pressing another key.

These are also conditional type scripts that can be written that will for example:

Left Paddle Pressed - send num7; Wait for Left Paddle Pressed Then Send NUM7. <----Edit** I mean send Num0 there.

That isn't the scripting syntax, but rather the flow you would need to follow. you can find the syntax on autohotkeys website to make a process like that work. i have my whole logitech profiler turned off cause it's just a PITA most the time. It might take a little learning to use autohotkey, but you can do many things with it.

Example of how powerful this tool is:
At one point I want to adjust my FFB on my wheel only 1% at a time instead of 5%. I made autohotkey go out and read my lfs config file, get the current FFB setting, and add '1' to the FFB number from the config file and sending as a keystroke if I went up and subtract a one if wanted to go down. This way, when I turned the game off it would be able to call my settings back again and start adding and subtracting as I wanted.

Have fun. If you want some help finding out what your wheel buttons are in windows or want some help in general I would be willing to listen.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG