Upgrade
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire T160
BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Card name: Radeon X1300/X1550 Series
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x7146)

I guess that pretty much covers my system, and I was wondering what would be best to buy to get some more FPS (needed for the game WAR, since atm im running low framerates), or would it be so pointless I should buy a new PC? My budget for a new pc would be around 700 euro's, but I hope I dont have to, since only thing im asking is to get some better FPS, dont need to have uber graphics :P

WAR:
The requirements:
  • 2.5 GHz P4 (single core) processor or equivalent
  • 1 Gigabyte RAM (2 Gigabyte RAM for Windows Vista)
  • A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0
Oh, and please dont flame me for that there already are a couple of threads like this, since I thought that every PC is quite different, so this would be best
#2 - Jakg
To be honest if you are spending 700€ then you'd need a new mobo (for a S775 CPU), new RAM (DDR1 -> DDR2), a new graphics card (because your current one looks like it's onboard), a new PSU (to power all of that), and probably a new HDD (because yours is probably old and slow).

In short - a new PC.
Meh, hope it wouldn't, but those things you said above me, would that be a complete PC?
Because I really dont know anything about PC's, so if I'm buying one, I need to have
all the parts together :P

-edit-
And is a new PC really needed, because the only thing I need is better framerates, atm im running on like 10 in WAR, I just need to push it up to a reasonable amount >.>, no fancy graphics or anything :P
Well, so if I need a PC, could you/someone help putting it together? Since I dont know anything about PC's, let alone how to build one.
The budget would be 700, you can get a little over it, but exactly 700,- would be best, and the PC would be used only for gaming really.
Hope someone can help me out with this, and thanks in advance.
#5 - dadge
you can get an AMD 6000+ (x2) socket AM2, a mother board, 2gb of DDR2 PC6000 ram and a 8800GT (512mb) for about €230. add a 500-600watt psu and a 500gb seagate hdd and you could be looking at €350 that leaves you with about €350 to play with. maybe swap cpu from the amd 6000+ to a phenom (quad core) and add another 2gb of ram. €700 is plenty of cash to build a good system.
PC I put together now is : Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
Besturingssysteem MS Vista Home premium 32b SP1
Moederbord ASUS P5KPL-C
Geheugen Corsair TwinX 2048MB DDR2
Harde schijf Samsung Spinpoint T166 500GB
Videokaart ASUS EAH3850/G/HTDI
Behuizing Cooler Master Centurion 532
DVD-Speler DVD-E818A/A6/QT_B+W/G/AS

for € 742,60 , any good hmmm?
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
The shop will put it together, and it will have 1 year warranty
#8 - dadge
all the parts have their own warrenties. go for the seagate barracuda 500gb. it has 32mb cache instead of 16mb on other hard drives. and it is very competitive with its price. £60 with VAT. and if you're going to get vista, get the 64bit version. this will help you in the future. it will also give you a few more options when upgrading again.
i wouldn't get a store to build it for you. you learn nothing like that. each componant comes with install instructions that a one eyed retarded monkey could understand. all you have to do is not be affraid of getting stuck in.
Really, anybody can build these days. Even I managed it! I also managed to drop the CPU from a 4' table onto the motherboard below. Yet I finished the build. So yes, a one-eyed retarded monkey could manage just fine
So if I would buy all the parts at another shop, and put it together, it would be better?
Or would there be a better combination of parts for +- 700 euro's ?
when building it yourself, you have full control of what goes into the chasis. you pick everything. purchase online if you can. that way will will be able to buy bigger and better for the same price.
when building the system, read the install instructions. it's a very easy proceedure and should take a novice no more than 2 hours to complete. (i can assemble a pc in 30 mins) then a further 60 minutes to install operating system and system drivers. all in all, you're looking at about 3 hours work. computer shops make alot of money building computers so by doing it yourself, you should be saving alot of money. pm me if you need some advice if you're building it yourself.
well, I really have no knowledge of building myself a PC, I asked what I should do, and this is what somebody came up with, for my budget op +- €700,-. So if I'm going to put something together, it would be a gaming PC, no other needs or so.
whats a good place where I can find some help for building a pc and a good webshop?
Personally, I recommend www.hardwareversand.de, I've yet to find a cheaper site. Plus they delivered within a week, from Germany to Ireland. Pretty good!

For €730, everything delivered, I got the rig in my sig (Haha, epic poem ). And it is :eek:. It took me an hour and a bit to assemble, and I was enjoying Assassin's Creed in glorious DX10 that same evening. I checked it against a Dell, of the same spec, and it was almost double the price. Attached is full spec of rig.

For the actual building part, I found this to be a brilliant help. I haven't found another guide that goes into as much detail, and it covers absolutely everything, from unwrapping everything, right up to installing the OS.
Attached images
rig.jpg
The Pc you got in your sig is cheaper, but is it also alot better then the one I posted above, is it also a complete PC? nothing more needed to put it together? does it has an operation system? I guess that putting the PC wont be that much of a problem though, because my brother can probably help me out with that.
It is a complete PC, absolutely everything included to put it together (bar a screwdriver and a couple of other handy tools), and it will even have left over cables and parts. If you got rid of some of the cables I got with it, it could go down to €700 easily. Plus you live a lot closer to Germany than I do, so shipping would probably be less too. It's also assuming you have a monitor, keyboard and mouse.

It doesn't have an OS though, I had a retail Vista already so I used that An OS isn't that expensive though, 64 bit home premium OEM is available on hardwareversand for €80. Home basic is only €65
but is it a better PC? because the PC I posted above would be easier for me, and it would be closer to my budget of €700,-
Yes, it's better for the price. It's got a slightly lower clocked quad core of your CPU, which would be better unless you're going to do only gaming on the rig (plus an E8400 is €20 cheaper than a Q6600 if you wanted to switch to that).
It has the same RAM, but 4GB instead of 2GB.
The 9800GTX competes with the 4850, but you have the 3850 there, so the graphics card in mine would be better.
The motherboard is much of a muchness, I don't think there's any huge differences between them.
Mine has 2 DVD writers.

Even if you got your selection on HVS, it would come in much cheaper than what you have it budgeted at. See attachment (Incl. VAT, Ex Works. Approx. €15 for shipping)

It's up to you, but for €50 over your €700 budget you could get a much better system, and that's including an OS this time
Attached images
Untitled3.jpg
wow, €140,- difference is quite much !
Really tempting to buy the computer you suggested, but I'm having a hard time with the website, although I did figure out I could put it on english
Because I am using this PC configurator on their website, but when I've selected the CPU you told me to get, I dont get any button to continue putting my PC together >.>
*hides*
Oh, after you've clicked on CPU, and the list of CPUs comes up, you need to click the green arrow on the right of it. It took me a while to get it, I kept adding it to cart and it wouldn't continue
Cooltek CT-K 1 Midi Tower, ATX, schwarz, ohne Netzteil 23,76 €
Arctic Silver V (Wlp.) Wärmeleitpaste 1ml 2,72 €
ATX-Netzteil Corsair VX550W 550 Watt 63,64 €
2048MB DDR2 Corsair TwinX CL 4, PC6400/800 37,78 €
2048MB DDR2 Corsair TwinX CL 4, PC6400/800 37,78 €
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 tray, 8192Kb, LGA775, 64bit, Kentsfield 164,89 €
MSI NX9800GT-T2D512E-OC, NVIDIA 9800GT, 512MB, PCI-Express 119,10 € Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Sockel 775 13,32 €
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit SB-Version 73,33 €
LG GDR-H30NR Retail schwarz 16xDVD,48xCD 12,61 €
Samsung HD502IJ, 500GB, 16MB 50,68 €
ASUS P5KC, Sockel 775, ATX 94,29 €
Sum: 693,90 €

Dis wut I come up wif !
Played with it abit, is it a decent system? because it IS closer to my budget :P
The CPU is tray, so you'd need to get a fan for it. I use the Arctic Freezer 7, and it's pretty good You could also drop the Q6700 down to a Q6600 if there's a bit of a price difference, as they are actually the exact same, just the Q6700 is clocked slightly higher. You could do that yourself through an overclock, and they'd both top out the same. My Q6600 goes to 3.2Ghz If there's a small difference, you might as well go with the Q6700

Also, if your budget will allow it, might as well go for the 9800GTX over the GT. There's €40 in the difference, and I think it's worth it

Looking good though, should be a nice build
Ok , gotta buy some other things soon though, so I hope my budget will still be €700,- after that :P
I also saw the option to let them build the PC for just €20,-, Even though I will probably not use that option, how come its only 20 there, and 80 (!) on the site where I thought I would buy my pc O.o
#24 - Jakg
Building a PC isn't hard, and if you'd pay me $20 to throw some bits in a box for someone else then i'd give up the day job.
same here. €20 for 30mins work. that's £16 an hour

Upgrade
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG