The online racing simulator
Fast & Furious
(121 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :Pet Peeve - when a car flips and you can see the cloud of steam from the canon that fired it over, when it's meant to of hit something in a movie and rolled.

Pet Peeve - if someone so much as trips over a shopping trolley in a film, it explodes in an enormous, greasy, 100-foot high fireball, with all fireworks shooting out of it.

I find it impressive when something crashes and *doesn't* explode.
Well I quite enjoy watching the FnF series (I've got all the current ones on DVD), and I think this one will be great to watch, not because I think it has a good plot, it most probably won't but I enjoy it for the action and the cars :P plus I like Vin Diesel's movies, xXx + Chronicles of Riddick anyone?
Quote from ajp71 :Where's the RS200?

here it is(~1:45 i think), competing with a widebody Trueno
Attached images
rs200ae86.jpg
Ah, FnF. The series where each part sucked so much that it made the previous one seem like a decent movie.
To make matters worse, I don't like Vin Diesel either, as I haven't seen a single good flick with him in it (and I've basically seen them all 'cept "Babynator").

But to contribute to the thread: Lizard, you should see this movie, as it is a really great racing movie with cars about a gazillion times more beautiful than the abominations that once were cars in FnF: Le Mans

EDIT: and the picture seems to be mirrored. A left hand drive RS and a right hand drive Hachi-Roku would be more logical IMHO.
EDIT2: at a closer inspection, it seems it isn't mirrored...
Quote from Klutch :I think you're all missing the point.
This is a MOVIE, not a documentary.

Doesn't give it an excuse to be absurd doesn't it? Besides isn't the movie world of FnF set in real life modern time? Not fantasy.

Quote from Klutch :Stop viewing it as one.
It isn't SUPPOSE to be realistic, and isn't suppose to portray real streetracing life.

There's a fine line between being unrealistic for the sake of story/plot and being pointlessly absurd. FnF was absurd in a way that it portrays street racing as an activity worthy of spectating and scrutiny. I mean you have watched tokyo drift right? You did get the part in which they said illegal drifting was a way of freedom and life? :rolleyes:

IDK how anyone can stand this ideology and misguided profoundity that is especially prevelent in Tokyo Drift.

Quote from Klutch :I'll watch it, and i'll enjoy it also, because i view it as a movie, Fiction.

Just because a work is narrative fiction doesn't give the creator the freedom to do what ever the heck they want. It's all circumstancial in a contextual sense. Obviously there would be more leniency in a work of fantasy. But all works of fiction needs to excersize some form of logic (movie world logic) that drives the plot. (this works in narrative ONLY, not experimental film).

You see, I dont know about you, but I get angry when I see a film that glorifies delinquency. Especially when it is about the delinquency of motorsports (i.e. illegal street). Why dont they make a FnF Gumball 3000 as one of their sequals as well :rolleyes:

Quote from ColeusRattus :
But to contribute to the thread: Lizard, you should see this movie, as it is a really great racing movie with cars about a gazillion times more beautiful than the abominations that once were cars in FnF: Le Mans

Oh I forgot about Paul Newman's racing movie. Ya you're right, I should see that as well. Being a film student I'll likely enjoy it regardless of it's age

And that reminds me. BTW, those street cars in FnF aren't "beautiful" like how the characters idolize them in the movies. Can anything about racing be more misguided and trashy as the FnF movies? I shudder just thinking of that
Well I definetly liked the first one.. Second one was embarassing.. 3rd one was decent, it had nice footage ;p
And looking foward to this instalment, FnF series is Like NFS series on pc.... in a way
Anyhow, i know one good racing movie Its a latvian movie about rallying, and smuggling contraband whilst participating in rallying events... its latvian/russian (old movie) but has great onboard footage, with racing ladas etc. just loved the rally parts xD looked authentic ;p I dont remember its name though... ;p But maybe I just think this, cauz i saw that a long time ago.. and its main plot aint about racing, but about smuggling stuff... but had great car sequences ! oh but yeah i guess it more goes in the cannonball run etc category, than the driven/lemans one...
Quote from [UKR] Race King :This is a great movie the best I ever seen:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... 3ALPM&feature=related

This? Somehow reminded about Luc Besson's naive Taxi films... Have to check it out some day.

About Le Mans: as a film it's 3-star movie, pretty much average in a way but for a racing fan it offers more, amazing authenticity and in the end it's more like artistic documentary than a traditional film. For once I wish someone could do what George Lucas can't stop doing: do a enhanced version. Sometimes the audio quality just doesn't do justice for the cars.

Fan made trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls08-F6I5Ss&fmt=18

-
Quote from deggis :
About Le Mans: I wouldn't give more than 3 starts for it as a film but as a racing film the authenticity is just amazing. In the end it's more like artistic documentary (1969 race with 1970's cars ) than a traditional film.

Fan made trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls08-F6I5Ss&fmt=18

-

Dunno i tried to watch Le Mans ones and i got so bored for some reason.
Seems great, cant wait.
#36 - JJ72
I'm surprised with the amount of people here with impaired automotive taste....
Michel Vailant was maybe close to the "Driven" level.. Taxi was way better
Quote from evilgenius :Michel Vailant was maybe close to the "Driven" level.. Taxi was way better

I don't think you can compare these two movies (Michel Vailant-Taxi).
Mjeah you cant, but somebody above said Michelle Vailant is taxi like.. well it aint... its more like Driven..
Quote from evilgenius :Mjeah you cant, but somebody above said Michelle Vailant is taxi like.. well it aint... its more like Driven..

I didn't say it's like Taxi. How could I say when I haven't seen it (this Vaillant movie). I said the footage in the trailer reminded me about Taxi movies. Similar kind of French humour or something.
Oh yes sorry bout that, my bad.... (I guess i was really tired, not the only failpost I made today )
Damn that Truneo looks sex even from amidst the dark!
Quote from evilgenius :... its more like Driven..

That's immediately what I thought when I saw that trailer. But being a film student that wont stop me from watching the movie anyway (or at least trying to get a copy).

I'll check that out since I love prototypes almost as much as stock cars
Mega :bump: didn't want to create a new thread, but now there is a second trailer (Yes, the running chase IS part of the film)

http://www.dumbdrum.com/trailers-fast-furious/

Seems pretty good after all, even though that last part is really fake.

*goes off cranking dat soulja boy*
ye looks very realistic, especially the exploding trailer! Not;....
I am definitely going to watch it after seeing this trailer.
from the two trailers i expect it to be a quiet good popcorn movie. And it seems the film contains a good variety of cars, american, japanese and euro.
I made a little list on the wikipedia article, someone could add the muscle cars (which I can't name)

Subaru Impreza STI '08 Hatchback
Nissan Silvia S14 & S15
Nissan Skyline R34
BMW 3-series
Honda NSX
Ford RS200
Toyota Sprinter Trueno AE86
MAN! I can't WAIT for this one to come out! It's going to be the best one YET! All the oirignal characters are back, thats why. Also, that '70 Charger RT is coming back!!!! YES!!!
That's the first time I've seen a movie that had to use effects for a flaming tanker.

Where can i see Micheal Vaillent online? i saw some fan made videos and looks mirrored to "Driven" save for rally cars and LMP cars.

Fast & Furious
(121 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG