The online racing simulator
Xp sp3
(8 posts, started )
Xp sp3
Recently mi auto update from windows is trying to download sp3

The thing i want to know , what programs dont run in sp3 , i have StyleXp and other programs similar to that ,and reading from here and there they say the Styles program Like StyleXp , windows Blind , Rocket dock and many more , dont work in sp3

Also i want to know others program dont run in sp3

Someon know better this?
I had SP3 for ages before I went for Vista, and I didn't find any programs that wouldn't work. I was also using custom themes and skins, and they worked fine. It's not that important an update anyway, SP2 is fine, and as long as you have an anti-virus, SP2 will still be just as secure as SP3
#4 - Migz
I have styler and object desktop on my SP3 computer.
Object desktop is from the same company who does window blinds so that should work fine.
So what exactly is SP3 for?
It is a compilation of tons of bugfixes, so when you install a fresh XP you don't have to download a gazillion updates but instead only one nice package?
Meh. So it's SP1+SP2+random bugfix.

Not worth a download then I'm guessing?
If you think Windows updates are worth downloading, download it. If not, don't.
Quote :Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) is an update to Windows XP that addresses key feedback from our customers and is a cumulative update that includes all previously released updates for Windows XP, including security updates. Windows XP SP3 contains a small number of new updates and should not significantly change the Windows XP experience. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.

More information for this update can be found at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936929

Xp sp3
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG