The online racing simulator
Nuburgring, who owns it?
(30 posts, started )
#26 - CSU1
Quote from Lateralus :I don't think LFS is anywhere near advanced enough for that.

...mainly the particle and collision systems.

At the end of the day if LFS does claim to be a true one hundred percent simulation of the real thing we could have real tracks, it's insane to imagine real before the above mentiond systems are true.

Here's the plan:
          Have them both drive round and round the ring mapping like there's no tomorrow ! we could stream it too. hehe!
          Quote from CSU1 :...mainly the particle and collision systems

Those things and a dynamic track surface, especially temperature, weather, differing types of tarmac, rubber/oil/water/dirt/gravel on the track, painted lines, all kinds of stuff.
          #28 - CSU1
          Quote from CSU1 :Has it been done yet by anyone else?

Good question. Not to my knowledge. rFactor doesn't and I don't think either iRacing or NKP do either.
          Quote from CSU1 :Has it been done yet by anyone else?

rFactor features slight decreases in grip levels on parts of track surfaces. You can make "dirty" areas of the tarmac less grippy, etc.

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Cadwell%20Park used it to good effect by making "leafy" areas of the track surface less grippy.

RBR also has dynamic grip levels, depending on whether its tarmac, gravel, mud, grass, etc., including combinations of different surface types (eg. dirt on tarmac), along with weather effects.

Nuburgring, who owns it?
          (30 posts, started )
          FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG