The online racing simulator
Turn 5 in westhill
(38 posts, started )
Turn 5 in westhill
Hi , i was racing at westhill yesterday and i have been thinking that
there was something missing in curve 5.I think it would help a lot of
people if there were kerbs at the end of this curve,what do you think?
Attached images
courbe5we.png
I must admit, due to the high speed nature of the track, there are a few areas which catch me out and I run off the track very very slightly causing the car to spin violently. I think its a good idea
we generally doenst have much of any curbs ... all of them seem to be completely flat and not elevated the slightest bit ... so the only thing that would change with an exit curb is that the exit will be a bit wider but not safer ... in other words it doesnt matter if theres a crub or not
#4 - Fetzo
i think curbs are very good for orientation when exiting a corner.

so i think it is a good idea.
I think it's a good idea! That turn has driven me mad loads of times, good suggestion!
I don't think a helper curb should be added, as it'll take the challenge away (and I'm rubbish at WE, so should be hoping for anything to make it easier).

But I do agree some sort of curb should be added just so you can see where the exit is. The number of times I've had plenty of grip, but in my desperation to use as little steering as possible (so as not to scrub off speed) means I've reached the exit early, and run out of road. But I guess that's making it easier, so I don't know.
#7 - Jakg
hmmmm, seems like a good idea, as i hate juist touching the dirt and spinning
No no no no, thats the thing that makes that corner more of a challenge, you just have to get the right line to drive it flatout.
#9 - Vain
If a curb is to come, it has to be guaranteed that the new tracksize + curb isn't bigger than the current track size so that the geometry of the track remains the same.

Vain
Quote from Vain :If a curb is to come, it has to be guaranteed that the new tracksize + curb isn't bigger than the current track size so that the geometry of the track remains the same.

Vain

So the curb should be ON the track?

I think something like a very low and narrow curb should be fine. Around 10cm wide...

I think Westhill should defenately have curbs on some places. Not to make it easier but to make it look and feel better.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
carrying on the town planning association theme, I object. I agree with Blackout (post 8), the corner should not be altered.
im pretty sure this was taken into account when eric built it, and im pretty sure that there would be a curb there if it was suposed to.
-
I think there needs to be a grenade there, so I will finnaly be convinced to stop running wide

but a curb might help, but it needs to be a harher than normal one so I dont just run onto the curb and off the curb into further grass...
i don't think a curb is needed...the white side lines and the cone at the exit give all the depth/corner information needed. modify your line to stay on the track
#15 - Jakg
hmmm, ive just realised, ive only ever driven on westhill in the training things...
Not a bad idea

BUT
Quote from Blackout :No no no no, thats the thing that makes that corner more of a challenge, you just have to get the right line to drive it flatout.

Blackout is 100% right, imo.

So no for curb.
I like it as it is, it's an exception to almost every other "safe" corner in the game.
That turn has drove me mad plenty of times, and i lost a race in Nations cup because of that turn.. BUT i like it, because it is very challenging, and because it is kinda scarry.. I would really want it to stay as it is..
Hmm, what happened to the whole "LFS should be treated like real life racing" type of theme around here? Come on now, can you alter race tracks in real life just because you don't like a corner? ;-)
Quote from NetDemon01 :Hmm, what happened to the whole "LFS should be treated like real life racing" type of theme around here? Come on now, can you alter race tracks in real life just because you don't like a corner? ;-)

Yes! I often sneak into the local race track and change it
Quote from NetDemon01 :Hmm, what happened to the whole "LFS should be treated like real life racing" type of theme around here? Come on now, can you alter race tracks in real life just because you don't like a corner? ;-)

Well obviously somebody could change a real life corner if it needed changing.
So yes, if you complained to the right person and they agreed with you, then you could have an issue that makes a corner dangerous addressed.
I think Westhill is a great track as is. It's minimalism (compared to other LFS tracks) and acres of grass reminds me of an old-style English course in the countryside. I reckon that was Eric's intent to begin with (he did call it "Westhill" after all, a very English sounding name).

If someone did want to put some kerbing there I wouldn't have a problem with it in theory - but don't use that green stuff like at the end of the straight at Blackwood..I really don't like the way people go right over the kerb and off the track there like it's part of the track (especially if they gain a spot doing it)...if you want to modify tracks, make that green stuff grass!

(please)
-
It actually adds a challenge to that turn, and its very easy to take it at full speed in FOX.
Quote from Vendetta :its very easy to take it at full speed in FOX.

No its not, when exiting about 200 kph its kinda hard corner imho
I like it the way it is. I like the fact you can take it full throtle but if u make a mistake u have o lift or go off. Also a good overtaking point when your following someone if they make a mistake and have to lift then with the slip stream (in FOX) can out run them to the next corner.
So IMO needs to stay as it is.

Turn 5 in westhill
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG