The online racing simulator
Throttle engages when RPM's go below 1,000rpm
Hi all, Wondering what you guys think about this (Those like me who have a axis clutch and love a standard trans)

Notice if your sitting still and you put the car in 1st gear, let the clutch out and you notice the throttle automatically engages keeping you from stalling... My gues is that its for starting the car maybe? I personally wish the devs would take it out all together, Makes the clutch to easy to drive.

Let me know what you guys think.
it seems like there is a way to disable this, but i dont remember
That's what happens on real cars. At least the fuel injected ones.

I think the main purpose is not to prevent stalling, but to be able to drive slowly without needing to press the gas pedal. Very useful on traffic jams.
Oh really? If so my bad
On carburetted engines (and I think FI ones too), the idle setting leaves the throttle open a tad regardless of whether you're on the throttle or not. I use this to reduce engine braking on my bike by setting the idle to 3000 RPM (I shift at 10,000). It does not increase the throttle if the RPMs drop below the idle setting as it does in LFS, though. It merely stays constant.
Yes, The throttle plate is slightly open while no throttle is applied (engine running or not).
On fuel injected engines there is a set idle RPM (usually 750rpm) that the cars Computer will try to maintain. When RPM drops below the set idle speed then the computer tries to correct for it. It does not open the throttle plate, the Idle Air control is there for a reason. This is a quite useful feature when some asshat parks an inch away from your rear bumper on an incline.
On a carburated engine, you are stuck with applying throttle and releasing the brake with one foot and letting out the clutch with the other foot. Or you could just use the e-brake.
I think you mean auto-clutch. Disable that and try again. (Well, he said "let the clutch out - i suppose it means "disengage the clutch)
This has nothing to do with autoclutch.
This is a good thing for LFS IMO for the reality side of it anyway. I own a 2001 Vauxhall Astra 1.6 8v. Now that has a digital throttle (Also known as fly-by-wire). My car also has an idle control valve. When the idle control valve notices the rpms go below the ECU's set tick over, it will increase the throttle automatically to keep the engine ticking over at X rpm. I know quite a lot about this acutally, due to my idle control valve being gunked up and causing my car to not tick over propley.

Therefor all LFS is doing...is what its ment to.
Quote :Therefor all LFS is doing...is what its ment to.

I now agree, thanks for the thoughts guys!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG