The online racing simulator
en wat vinden jullie van mn wiet idee?
There have been multiple requests to keep this thread in English, so that interested foreigners can understand this too...

Quote from Takumi_lfs :and what do you think of my weed idea?

Not interested.
By any chance you couldn't fancy a karting track nearby the Belgian border ?

Or in Belgium itself, Sint-Niklaas (not too far from the border) has a nice indoor track.
I can already tell that i'm gonna be there, well i'm 95% sure of it. It's only 3 hours with the train to Driebergen, From the train station in Driebergen i can go to NL_RevZ because i know him and we've already met eachother before ^^. and from there we can go the the karting track
So i'll keep an eye on this topic and it's gonna be another great day
Quote from DriftKing_Sidewayzzz :I can already tell that i'm gonna be there, well i'm 95% sure of it. It's only 3 hours with the train to Driebergen, From the train station in Driebergen i can go to NL_RevZ because i know him and we've already met eachother before ^^. and from there we can go the the karting track
So i'll keep an eye on this topic and it's gonna be another great day

I added you to the list. Post #39.

@Chrisuu: Please update the first post with a link to post #39 and other interesting links.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Bah, you guys are really stiff

No, we're not.

I'm going to start a new thread in a few minutes.
Quote : Becky youre a kidding right coming over to holland to do some karting ??. How was the kart event in the UK btw ?.

My partner is Dutch, the real problem is figuring out how not to meet her family whilst we're there - buggering off to race karts sounds like a grand excuse, but if you hold this this year I wont be able to make it.

The UK race was stellar, there's a post event thread if you want to know more.

Regarding where the race is held, well I for one would rather race on twins on an outdoor track, indoor tracks are slow twisty and you just get bruised and no real sensation of speed, and the racecraft aspect is kinda sucky on a track without much of a straight. It's like the difference between a toy car and getting your first real car.

Twin engines are more comfortable than single engined karts because on the single engines the seats are at an angle, they're also much faster. Engine size doesnt matter all that much over 160cc on a twin as they run the gearing long so as not to stress the engine - rental karts are all about not having to fix them .

Regarding weed, do what you want after racing but don't race stoned. Personally i've grown out of it .
Quote from hrtburnout :I added you to the list. Post #39.

@Chrisuu: Please update the first post with a link to post #39 and other interesting links.

Done the post 39 and the handy site that link you to al those outdoor kart sites

Is this good??
Depending on the date I may be back in the Netherlands to visit family, naturally I'll attempt to make it to the meeting as well.
Well you guys can add me. But with caution cause ive got 7 years of karting exp. but hell no indoor. And btw. 270cc 4 stroke is nothing. I race with 125cc 2 strokers.
Quote from Vinnylegends :Well you guys can add me. But with caution cause ive got 7 years of karting exp. but hell no indoor. And btw. 270cc 4 stroke is nothing. I race with 125cc 2 strokers.

Ok. Please post in the other thread though.
I also have 8 years of indoor experiance

But ok guys, what are the plans atm because this thread is going bananas!
Is this going to be a weekend, or just one day
What is the decided place to go race
Prices

If i can come have to take my reserve testicals with me
That's what i'm wondering about too..
First, we need a track ( as NL_RevZ said, we could go to the track in Driebergen, in Utrecht, this will be better for most of the people because it's in the center of the Netherlands ^^)
We need to get more information about this whole thing.
And maybe some people who want to shot some pictures and film some things ? Personally, i think it would be awsome to actually meet people, and actually race in REAL with them, in stead of LFS Driving over the internet, and in real is a diffrence. But anyway, let's no go offtopic now Any idea's people???
( Btw, any drifters signed up ? Just wondering... )
Quote :My partner is Dutch, the real problem is figuring out how not to meet her family whilst we're there -

ROFL cool Becky. Didnt knew your partner was dutch. I defitnly would like to seee you sometiimes. Knowing who is the girl behind a lot of stuff. Propably you wipe a lot of bud with your racing experience.

Anyway back to the topic.

Is anyone making notes ro doing something. Otherwise this is just a thread of who is interested and nothing else ?.
Quote from niels1 :ROFL cool Becky. Didnt knew your partner was dutch.

Yeah i'm dating one of those Germans that Germany didn't want.

Quote :I defitnly would like to seee you sometiimes. Knowing who is the girl behind a lot of stuff. Propably you wipe a lot of bud with your racing experience.

hah, i'm not all that to look at. There be piccy of me in the group photo from the UK meet. I'm only attractive because of my wonderful personality and all that rubbish, but yes i'll be somewhere close to the front I hope .
Quote from niels1 :Anyway back to the topic.

Is anyone making notes ro doing something. Otherwise this is just a thread of who is interested and nothing else ?.

I will go to the track here when it opens (today in 15 minutes) and i'll ask about pricing details, like i've said before..
Okay, i've been to the track and because of replacement they have 15 karts ready to go at any time, meaning there would be two "classes" of drivers, or just two random groups. Those could then run X amount of time, to be determined by us..

The thing is, if we don't determine that, we won't know real prices, unless we choose to rent out the whole track for the duration of four hours (assuming 2 groups for 2 hours), which is really REALLY expensive, obviously.. (although still less expensive than renting out other tracks in the Netherlands, but still)

So on the basic system the prices-per-heat still count, making it pretty cheap.

My father can pull a few strings there to hopefully get a good price out of renting the track for the whole duration, should i try that? Unless you guys think the per-heat prices are fine of course! Ahwell, i can always try eh :P
#94 - Osco
just rent it for the day
Well if they dont have enough karts just make it a driver swap race, or go for heats, renting the circuit for X period of time has a fixed price and that's going to make sorting out the monnies and people dropping out a big problem.
Quote from NL_RevZ :..

So if I understand correctly they don't have preset arrangements? If not, I'd suggest to make our own format (free practise, qualifying, race, final) and let them make a price for it depending on how many people show up.
Quote from traxxion :So if I understand correctly they don't have preset arrangements? If not, I'd suggest to make our own format (free practise, qualifying, race, final) and let them make a price for it depending on how many people show up.

They have one basic type that most customer groups do: Heats of 3 or 4 people at a time, with a score-based elimination system, with or without judging fastest laptimes, gradually getting to the final contestants.
That's what most people do anyway, to get the real element of competition in it, rather than endurance
I'd say: a few minutes of practice, then 15 minutes of qualifying and then two races: one normal one and one with reversed grid
Quote from hrtburnout :I'd say: a few minutes of practice, then 15 minutes of qualifying and then two races: one normal one and one with reversed grid

that sounds like the best race idea yet
no need for qualifying if you're going to reverse the grid Just do random lots and reverse it - that way you get more racing per euro...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG