The online racing simulator
Hi
(5 posts, started )
Hi
Hi everyone,
Just signed up today and downloaded the program. I've always played console games on PS2 and PS3 like grand turismo, need for speed, blah blah blah. I want to get into online PC racing with real sims. I have a logitech driving force EX, but I plan to upgrade to a G25 as soon as they have one in stock. I'm thinking I might have to upgrade my pc too cos my picture and sound are very choppy.
Well hope to see you on the tracks
#2 - J@tko
Hello

On the choppyness, have you turned all the settings down in options>graphics - that will help somewhat

Welcome to our community - most of us are very nice
#3 - SamH
Bruising the graphics quality settings in LFS is one solution, but depending on the age of your PC it may not be the best solution.

How old is your PC? Can you give us some specifications? When you say choppy, can you give us an idea of how much? There is a frames per second counter in the top left corner by default, in LFS. What number is that hovering around when you're playing?

Very often, poor performance in LFS is as much to do with the other things that are running in the background. Unlike consoles, where the only things in memory are the things that are SUPPOSED to be in memory, with PCs this can't necessarily be assumed. A normal home PC typically has a lot of things going on besides playing the game YOU want to play.. a bit of tweaking is sometimes necessary, to get the best possible performance out of your machine. With a bit of luck, we could help you to get LFS looking excellent and performing well without having to spend a nickel. Worth a try
Good move from "arcade" racing games to sims. Much more satisfying when you win

And welcome to the community, hope you have fun
Quote from manny1222 :Hi everyone,
Just signed up today and downloaded the program. I've always played console games on PS2 and PS3 like grand turismo, need for speed, blah blah blah. I want to get into online PC racing with real sims. I have a logitech driving force EX, but I plan to upgrade to a G25 as soon as they have one in stock. I'm thinking I might have to upgrade my pc too cos my picture and sound are very choppy.
Well hope to see you on the tracks

I have the same problem, but, if you have vista then make sure you have it set to High Performance if so and it still "choppy" then listen to the big guys

Welcome

Hi
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG