The online racing simulator
Sidewinder Pedals
(14 posts, started )
Sidewinder Pedals
I was just doing some hotlapping with my ms sidewinder ff wheel and the last spring in my accelerator pedal went. It's the third time i have heard that horrible snapping noise and now the accelerator pedal is completely limp.

I am wondering a) if the microsoft usb precision wheel (non ff) uses the same pedals and connection as the sidewinder ff wheel and b) if anyone here has a spare set of sidewinder pedals they wouldn't mind sending me for a price.

Thanks!
I might think that the pedals can be used from non FF with FF one.

But if it´s the spring, I´m sure opening the pedals and just replacing it wouldn´t be too difficult job.

Edit: Or even better, might be a time to get a new wheel for yourself
My SideWinder Precision Wheel (non ff) has the pedals connected through a 4-Pin telephone plug. The part Number of the pedals is X04-74735.

I am pretty sure that opening the pedals might help to get the spring back in place.

I need my pedals, though. Sorry.
Damn thats gotta suck
Ive opened them up and there isn't any way i can replace the things that provide the resistance which have snapped (they aren't really springs) but i may try and do a bodge job, glueing a spring in somewhere if i can find a tough enough one.

Quote from wollschaf :My SideWinder Precision Wheel (non ff) has the pedals connected through a 4-Pin telephone plug. The part Number of the pedals is X04-74735.

That is the exact same part number as on my pedals! Thanks for the help i will see if i can get a precision wheel off ebay or something.
#6 - Vesa
Just got a Gameport FF version of Microsoft wheel/pedals and that uses a DIN connector for the pedals if i'm not mistaken. Just a heads up.
Thanks for that, is that different to an rj11 phone cable then?
#8 - Vesa
If it's the DIN you were wondering about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIN_plug

I can't remeber how many pins it was and no idea about how they're connected. But i suspect it wouldn't be hard to rewire to a telephone plug.
Thanks for the info.
Josh, may I say, good luck in finding a spring that

a) fits
b) Works.

I spent a very long time trying different things, as I to loved my MS pedals to, but in the end, had to give up due to MS being as helpful as a wet cloth and nothing works. As you say best bet to get one off ebay, but maybe time to swallow all that cost and get new setup?
Yeah i've got plenty of spare cash atm but none of the wheels for <£100 really appeal to me at the moment and i'm kinda hoping something new and better is gonna become available...
I think I have a set of MS sidewinder pedals at my dads house . Ill have to check but if they are there you can have them for postage .

SD.
That would be brilliant if possible .
Temp Fix?
While you're waiting open up the base and insert a handball or tennis ball behind the pedal..which ever works best for you.

Sidewinder Pedals
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG