The online racing simulator
Traction Circle
(9 posts, started )
#1 - Dac
Traction Circle
This would help greately with teaching you how to drive 'on the limit'. this is not the same as a G meter although very similar.

basically a traction circle is a G meter however the axis are dynamic and only display the maximum G's that can be attained by the tyres.

for instance, if you were to pull away on the straight with a BF1, to start with the traction circle will be very square, indicating equal available traction for acceleration, deceleration and cornering left + right.

however, once you are hitting some speed down the straight, the wings will generate more possible traction. and so the graph will widen to show this.

this graph would be able to teach people where they can go faster and by how much, to make sure they are using 100% of the traction available for as long as they can without breaking traction.

thanks,
Wish granted, its already in the replay analyzer Victor made
#3 - Dac
theres no real time one?
Nope, no real time one, but I don't think it would be a good idea anyway. It's probably better to see the replays afterwards to analyse where you're not using the full grip potential - at least I would rather have the person behind me look at the road, not at his fancy traction circle.
It's called a Kamm's Circle
But you can see roughly the same in the forces view. Bright green is the maximum, red is traction loss.
Maybe not have it online, but you can enable it offline for practicing. Online you have to feel when you're at the edge of traction.
Quote from xaotik :For anyone driving behind AndroidXP:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=17942

Admittedly no tyre-specific traction circle visible, but you can compare to the one available in LFSW.

Well, but that is just a simple G-meter, which doesn't show any of the limits (neither statically nor dynamically) and is therefore quite useless.
Quote from AndroidXP :Well, but that is just a simple G-meter, which doesn't show any of the limits (neither statically nor dynamically) and is therefore quite useless.

Hence the reference that one would need to compare it to the analyzer's own traction circle initially.

Traction Circle
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG