The online racing simulator
Oh Wow My Job Is EPIC!
(35 posts, started )
#1 - Jakg
Oh Wow My Job Is EPIC!
"Hey Mr. Manager you know how you do the Toybox thing where we take a product home to learn about it?"

"Whaddya want?"

""

"A G15 please"

"Sure, grab it and i'll do the paper-work.

w00t - I have this 'till the end of next week

Looked at the over stuff that's been borrowed - a Nikon 450D, a MacBook Air, a smart-phone and a 9800GT (By the manager )

It's the V2 one, has the big return key (w00t!). Off to see what I can do with it!
how anyone interested in the g15 ever finds a girlfriend baffles me
#3 - Jakg
Anyone got any recommendations of software for a G15?
#4 - CSU1
Quote from Jakg :
w00t - I have this 'till the end of next week

don't take the till home
Quote from Shotglass :how anyone interested in the g15 ever finds a girlfriend baffles me

I have 2 G15's. I have a girlfriend. I have racy pictures of said girlfriend.

Epic win.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I have 2 G15's. I have a girlfriend. I have racy pictures of said girlfriend.

Epic win.

Somehow I dont believe you. Post pics for proof

Just kidding but That is a sick looking keyboard.
#7 - Jakg
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I have 2 G15's. I have a girlfriend. I have racy pictures of said girlfriend.

Epic win.

Ah, but it is the G15 v2?

And why the hell would you want two of these?!

And I have the rest
So you borrowed a keyboard from work? w00t. Rock'n'roll.
Quote from Shotglass :how anyone who uses the phrase "epic win" ever finds a girlfriend baffles me

Borrow a big tv and a PS3. Erm and one of every ps3 game.
G15 is fun, especially with the Rays Winamp Mod Its a tad too big for my desk though.
Attached images
G15.jpg
That's neat. But you'll have to return it again as well, so that's not so neat.

As for keyboards, I personally prefer the Logitech diNovo Edge, which is sitting in front of me right now.

Quote from Jakg : a Nikon 450D

Nikon 450D? How much did you pay Canon for that one?
#14 - Jakg
D'oh!

I meant Canon
Quote from (SaM) :That's neat. But you'll have to return it again as well, so that's not so neat.

As for keyboards, I personally prefer the Logitech diNovo Edge, which is sitting in front of me right now.

How useful is the trackpad on that thing. I know it's not as efficient as a mouse, but it it at all useful or just completely annoying and difficult.
I have a G15 myself (V2) and it's pretty neat. The best feature is that the keys light up so I don't have to turn on the light to see what I'm typing. Jack you should try the "Live for G15" program, I think it's in the Unofficial addons section.
Quote from Stang70Fastback :How useful is the trackpad on that thing. I know it's not as efficient as a mouse, but it it at all useful or just completely annoying and difficult.

The pad is just as any other laptop pad. It can be configured to your liking (speed, acceleration), tapping is a click, tap and hold is a mousedrag and you can also scroll with it by turning circles with your fingers (CW or CCW).

It's never a replacement for a mouse, but it certainly is a great alternative when you don't have a solid surface for your mouse at a given moment. For example when you grab it and sit somewhere else (60ft Bluetooth range).

I often use the mousepad for simple mouse movements and when I need more precision I use my normal mouse.

Yeah, but Jakg has more girlfriends per G15 then you do.
That's fine. I have a higher ratio of racy photos to G15 keys (and my G15 is the V1 version, so I have so many more G keys! ).
#20 - JJ72
sooo........... what does it do?
You certainly have an EPIC job there. A hardware library...

I'll stick to my aging MX-510 mouse and twice broken Saiket eclipse II keyboard
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :The best feature is that the keys light up so I don't have to turn on the light to see what I'm typing.

you can't type in the dark?
#23 - Jakg
"LiveForG15" doesn't work with 64-bit Windows
#24 - Jakg
Me - "I really don't like my memory sticks lanyard - it says TomTom and I know nothing about them at all and people think i'm an expert. Can I get another one?"

Manager - "Why don't you do training on them?"

Me - "errrrr, you keep making me go out on the floor whenever I try to do training"

Manager - "Oh. Take a TomTom home for the week then".

Me - *runs upstairs and finds most expensive TomTom he can find*

Now have a TomTom XL Europe 2.2 for the next weekish. Lets see what it's like!
#25 - CSU1
heh, natsav's r cool

jakq open the sd card files and change the default filenames in voice "turn left" to "make a u turn where safe"...and so on

be funny and maybe it'll get returned for being faulty

Oh Wow My Job Is EPIC!
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG