The online racing simulator
DFP Dead Zone
(16 posts, started )
DFP Dead Zone
Hi,

So today my cousin brought his DFP at home as I wanted to buy it (Mine broke 3 weeks ago so I was back on Momo) but for some reason, the dead zone around the center is quite bad. It was present on mine a bit but it was playable. On his, the wheel is really unpredictable when the car slides and you try to countersteer. His DFP is atleast 2-3 years old and he always used it on Playstation 2. It's not the drivers because I'm using the latest and they work fine with my Momo.

Is there a way to make that dead zone more liveable? Any fix from Logitech?

Thanks in advance.
You checked the deadzone setting in the profiler?
Well yeah and it's to 0% so there shouldn't be a dead zone nah?
Not as far as i know. I *think* there may be a deadzone option in LFS, but i have'nt played in a while so dont quote me on that! lol
There's the 'remove dead zone' option which I ticked then I recalibrated again. There's still a huge FFB lack, loss or death around the middle.
Hmm, well i cant suggest much more seing as im tired, and im on my laptop so i dont have LFS on this.

One last thing, it could be a knackered wheel but someone else would need to confirm that.
And what are you doing wihth the laptop in your bed at night? : o

Anyway we'll try some stuff.
Bed? Sorry i dont know what one of those is...

Its 9pm and its on the dinner table.
Quote from Riders Motion :And what are you doing wihth the laptop in your bed at night? : o

Anyway we'll try some stuff.

Maybe try clean calibration tool (google it) to calibrate the wheel from the very begining again?
Maybe it's the force feedback that isn't strong enough? I heard that weak FFB tend to make that deadzone even worse so that using a little high (40+) makes it playable.

Anyone with a DFP and drifting here?
Have you taken a look into it yet? Maybe some of the tooth on the FFBs gearwheel are missing. Someone on another forum once said that he was able to buy similar ones in an R/C store.
I might try and take it apart, but anyway that dead zone is almost unnoticeable when using 80% FFB and more. Bit hard to steer but yeah at least it works as a temporary solution.

I'll try and see if there's something inside the wheel tomorow.
This is strange to me becaus I have a DFP and it has no deadzone at al thanks to the profiler

Edit: have you tried the deadzone thingy in lfs itself?
Yes I did. Maybe you can share your profiler's settings? Might just be that.
Quote from Riders Motion :Yes I did. Maybe you can share your profiler's settings? Might just be that.

Okay dont shout noob at me but how?
wait, wasn't there this bug that the FFB won't work probadly if you set the profiler strength under 100% ? At least my Profiler is set to 102%

edit:
Look here

DFP Dead Zone
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG