The online racing simulator
"A 1,200bhp car built from volcanic rock could soon be taking to the roads"
"A 1,200bhp car built from volcanic rock could soon be taking to the roads"

Link to article

If thats a realistically interprited render, then this car will look fugly.
ahh thanks, fixed
Why cant people design proper cars?
That doesnt even closely look like a car, not to say that its ugly as hell.
So it was designed by the winner of a 'design a car' contest at the local primary school, or somebody was paid to pen that?
it looks like a car but a ugly one..
why build a car competing against another thats about 500-600k cheaper and alot more easy on the eyes?
#8 - JJ72
well people do that when they don't know how to build a good car, they:

1.put an engine in with ridiculous output figure for headline grabbing sake.

2.find whatever gimmick available so there's something relatively interesting to shout about. (or justify the total waste of time and resources)

3.make it a pain in the eye so it won't go out of fashion (for being eternally disgusting).
Well, I don't think even millionaires will be able to pay for the insurance on that thing. Something tells my volcanic rock bumpers are expensive to fix. And then to get the paint redone...
I almost jumped back out of my chair when the picture loaded. Jesus it's hideous. I can't see that ever looking any way "nice", for at least 30 years. Then it would be less hideous. Slightly.
It reminds me of the Cadillac Sixteen.

Can't see much point in it myself, other than the few super rich who'll buy one just to say they own it, I can't see them shifting many, which means another bank manager will end up disappointed and out of pocket.
#12 - senn
what i don't get is, it's lighter, so it should need less torque power to move along and they go drop a 14 Litre engine in it.....WTF did someone forget to tell them oil is in short supply nowadays :P
YOU CAN NEVER

HAVE ENOUGH

BHP PER TON
To be honest, if it's made from volcanic rock it's not surprising you need 1200hp just to get it rolling. And they can theorise all they like about making it light, but thin rock crumbles very easily and erodes over time in the rain, even igneous stuff.

Yep, heavy stuff, volcanic rock.
Quote from kingfag :
Yep, heavy stuff, volcanic rock.

Or it just proves that grannies do indeed have superhuman powers.
Notice the difference in build between the chick carrying the stone and the chick behind her going "I'm like totally unable to move that ingenius rock, or something".

I rest my case
She's got a leg strap on too, that's ex olympic bench presser Mr Stefan Topurov, expelled for over use of steroids.
And what you can't see in the photo is the other two she's currently juggling with
Quote :It is friendly to the environment ... Powered by a 14-litre engine named the ‘DiMora V16 Volcano’, it’s claimed to have a monumental 1200bhp

American view on Environmetaly friendly vehicle

the car itself is going to fail badly though

Quote :The small company is making big claims for the car – it wants it to be the most luxurious and technologically advanced car on the market when it goes on sale.

If it's not German - then sorry, no chance in the modern world.

Quote :The Natalia SLS 2’s planned specification includes more than 60 onboard computer systems, four-wheel-drive and four-wheel-steering for increased handling performance and manoeuvrability.

That's 62 things to go wrong even before the car has been manufactured

Quote :Small video projectors mounted inside the headlight cluster will be able to project TV and video images

Now your personal driver can't see the road, but he can watch the new series of "Lost" while driving you where you want to go

Quote :Other features include, a wireless personal computer, TV screens, bar, heated cup holders, massaging seats, head-up windscreen display and Waterford crystal ashtrays.

I once said that if I see a car company bragging about how advanced their cup holders are, the car is definetly going to be crap, the last one I saw was chrysler sebring.

I get the feeling this car was thought up by children actually
Quote :If it's not German - then sorry, no chance in the modern world.

But at least it wont break down!
Quote : I get the feeling this car was thought up by children actually

I thought the same thing!
Quote from Becky Rose :I thought the same thing!

But if it was designed by children, why does it say there will be a built in bar? Also, one shouldn't be drinking while driving!
Quote from Becky Rose :But at least it wont break down!

You could say that if it was Japanese

Quote from wheel4hummer :But if it was designed by children, why does it say there will be a built in bar? Also, one shouldn't be drinking while driving!

maybe it was thought up by retarded teenagers, not children...
Quote from Dajmin :To be honest, if it's made from volcanic rock it's not surprising you need 1200hp just to get it rolling. And they can theorise all they like about making it light, but thin rock crumbles very easily and erodes over time in the rain, even igneous stuff.

Well the title is confusing, obviously overblown to get attention, heres a little more info on Barotex;

Quote :Barotex's prime function was to
design, develop and bring to market a specialty composite type fiber
with application in a multitude of markets as a woven fabric, filament
wound configuration, continuous weave product, a chopped fiber and a
spun fiber that has high-heat resistance and sound
deadening/insulating properties.

Barotex fibers are currently processed out of mineral rocks of
volcanic origin through multiple confidential patented processes. The
base fibers formulated with carbon or ceramic fibers and/or various
metals have been developed into new hybrid composite type materials
and technologies to open a new page in 21st Century fiber material
science. Depending upon the weave and composite material introduced
into the fibers, BAROTEX can work as a replacement for Carbon Fiber,
Kevlar and other such high demand materials.

So it is essentially fancy carbon fibre? Thought it was going to have huge chunks of Pompeii on the wings

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG