The online racing simulator
Yellow Flags and CTRA
(17 posts, started )
Yellow Flags and CTRA
I just started racing online on the CTRA servers, having signed up for their online stat tracking (http://www.raceauthority.com/). I raced a few times last night, and saw 5 yellow flags. I obeyed them, keeping an eye out for any trouble ahead.

Now CTRA says I have received 5 yellow flags. Is this a bad thing? The accidents weren't related to me as far as I know.
Quote :has competed in 8 races and driven 49 laps

oddly enough, i also have 49 yellow flags.

IIRC, these are referring to yellow flags you've caused, as opposed to yellow flags you've encountered.
How strange.. I know I wasn't responsible for any of the flags I have received.
i think most of the ones i've caused are from having two tires on the dirt.
Were those races at Blackwood reversed? I think there is/was a bug that showed a yellow flag every time you pass a certain corner.

I think it has been fixed, though.
Quote from zeugnimod :Were those races at Blackwood reversed? I think there is/was a bug that showed a yellow flag every time you pass a certain corner.

not for me, i've only driven BLGP rev once.
It was Fern Bay Green rev.
When you slow down a lot on the track (to recover or avoid collision with a spun driver) you're causing a yellow flag, I suppose thats the reason for your flags
Quote from [RF]-art555 :When you slow down a lot on the track (to recover or avoid collision with a spun driver) you're causing a yellow flag, I suppose thats the reason for your flags

Exactly. It doesn't matter if you're responsible for causing a yellow flag or not - LFS doesn't detect that. If you get caught in an incident and have to slow down, LFS will see you as a slow moving obstacle on the track, which causes a yellow flag. So that gets added to your yellow flag count. Nothing to be done about that, and you shouldn't worry too much about it. The yellow flag ratio on CTRA is generally a good indication of someone's driving skill. People who go off the track in every other turn generally have a considerably higher yellow flag ratio than drivers who manage to stay on track most of the time. So you should be okay.

Hope this clarified things a bit.
Thanks for the info, guys.
Quote from zeugnimod :Were those races at Blackwood reversed? I think there is/was a bug that showed a yellow flag every time you pass a certain corner.

Zeug, that bug is an LFS bug, that hasn't (IIRC) been fixed. The CTRA workaround was to simply disable yellow flags outright at BL1R.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The CTRA workaround was to simply disable yellow flags outright at BL1R.

I call that fixed.
Quote from zeugnimod :I call that fixed.

He means CTRA ignores LFS shouting "YELLOW FLAG" when compiling statistics.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :He means CTRA ignores LFS shouting "YELLOW FLAG" when compiling statistics.

I know.
You get the yellow flag on CTRA when it says 'Use caution while recovering' or something like that.
Quote from Kristjan.J :You get the yellow flag on CTRA when it says 'Use caution while recovering' or something like that.

Correct.

Yellow Flags and CTRA
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG