The online racing simulator
Paddock entrance for F1?
(38 posts, started )
Paddock entrance for F1?
some of you have been in F1 races so my question is
Can you enter the paddock in a F1 race? Ive been searching but the only thing i found is VIP ticket and i dont know what VIP includes...
It would be very appreciated because i want to go to F1 races but i find it "boring" just go to see the cars racing, i want the "inside" of the F1.
Call the track and ask? That's what I did for the Napa 200 I went to. (that wasnt boring, close racing all along)

I called and asked what general admission was about and that was cool. Look online for the phone number and call and ask what VIP ticket includes.
You cant sadly. You would have to fork out lots of moneyz. Don't be put off though. F1 cars are incredible and theres a lot of things to do away from the track such as souvenirs, and gaming pods stuff like that.
so you can but with a LOT of money?
Money can indeed buy happiness :P I'm sure the Mclaren folks wouldn't mind you aroung for a nice suitcase with 1000$ in it. :P
The paddock is no place for fans of the sport you fool, it's meant for V.I.P's who have no interest in motorsport to get more media exposure!
Quote from chanoman315 :Can you enter the paddock in a F1 race?

Honey, if you look good in a bikini you'll find no closed doors.
#8 - JJ72
if you happens to be Paris Hilton or Gordan Ramsay,or king of some remote island country, yes.

The closest thing to the paddock is the Pitlane park, which is worth checking out.
Dunno anymore, but back in the Mansell era I bought a pass for the infield enclosure - £13 extra per person - I gather I could have gone into the paddock with it at certain times but i'm not sure as I was more interested in finding and keeping a good spot to watch from! It was madness that year, absolute madness, i'm sure they sold too many tickets!
Quote : Can you enter the paddock in a F1 race?

No.
You can only get paddock access if you're a member or guest of a team or the FIA, or a member of the media.

If you know somebody on the inside it is possible to wangle one (particularly after the race when the celebs clear off and hand their passes back), otherwise it's impossible.

Your best bet is to write and release a best selling album.
Quote from chanoman315 :
Can you enter the paddock in a F1 race?

Depends how big the security looks, and if you think you have a chance, run like you're Dwain Chambers on the steroids.....*

*Mackie The Staggie (herby referred to as the ‘idiot’ from now on) does not recommend having a square go at the security staff on any day, nor does he recommend the usage of drugs to improve performance. The use of any advice dished out by the Idiot is at the user’s risk, and the is not liable for any beatings received by big bad security guards, or any reduction in size of certain parts of the body. The Idiot thanks you for you’re co-operation.
Depends on a lot of factors. If ( like I managed to ) and still don't know how, I had camara bag, tripod, digi camara, and followed a guy in, he had a press badge, and because I was close to him, they assumed we was together.

If you have the balls, and the talk, you can walk anywhere

If you don't mind trying it, then go for it, whats the worst will happen, they say no

Some Sayings

......If you don't try, you will never succeed

Rules are there to be bent not to be broken

If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence you have tried

If you don't ask, you don't get
as the trojan's said after having built the ninth city of troy

"if at first you don't succeed, troy, troy again"

alternatively

"it at first you don't succeed, cheat"

or a more practical if rather defeatist

"if at first you don't succeed, give up "
It's not like the good old days of F1, where there were more people actually in the pits than in the grandstands.

The attached picture is of the pitlane when Senna was coming in for a stop DURING A RACE at the 1990 Spanish Grand Prix (when there were no speed limits and drivers regularly did 100+ mph in the pits)...
Attached images
f11990sennapits.jpg
i know someone on the inside, but only for europe :/ ....
Quote from amp88 :It's not like the good old days of F1, where there were more people actually in the pits than in the grandstands.

The attached picture is of the pitlane when Senna was coming in for a stop DURING A RACE at the 1990 Spanish Grand Prix (when there were no speed limits and drivers regularly did 100+ mph in the pits)...

try and catch the footage of the british gp from silverstone in 73 (no idea if its on youtube or not, i saw it on espn classic a while back) and watch the pit exit / first bend at the start, there's a low wall and the photographers have stepped over it onto the track to photo the cars coming towards them, thats the inside of the bend just before the apex with a full f1 field coming towards them !

not to mention what scheckter managed to do at the end of lap 1

you tube link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R_XId0YabQ
#19 - J.B.
What's the point of being in the paddock during the race (unless you're working there)?
I have no idea. btw J.B. i thought you had s2.
Quote from Luke.S :I have no idea. btw J.B. i thought you had s2.

He does - he just posts with his demo account as thats what he's know as
Quote from J.B. :What's the point of being in the paddock during the race (unless you're working there)?

before? after? pics with the drivers?
#23 - J.B.
Quote from chanoman315 :before? after? pics with the drivers?

That won't really be worthwhile unless you get into the pit garage area, which is restricted to team members.
Quote from chanoman315 :i want to go to F1 races but i find it "boring" just go to see the cars racing

Have you ever been to a grand prix? Even if you only have general admission, standing room-only tickets it is anything but boring.
Quote from Lateralus :Have you ever been to a grand prix? Even if you only have general admission, standing room-only tickets it is anything but boring.

yes to CART (when it was cart ) and A1GP...
and JB i know you can, because a friend of mine went to silverstone but he got into the paddock because of another friend (ex clasmaate for me) race on the FBMW.. and i saw his pics and he got pics with the drivers, and not in the garage pit area..

Paddock entrance for F1?
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG