The online racing simulator
Tamiya Modeling Tips?
(33 posts, started )
Lots of love, just search for the thread

It isn't too old, within the last year I think. Scale modeling and RC models are very very different and definitely deserve separate threads.
what? no they are not. the basics are the same. you need careful assembly. one to look pretty and be accurate, the other to look pretty and work.

at least that's how i

the only static model i ever did was an f14... when i was little... never painted it. glue was all over the place i was so sad i couldn't make it nice :'(

maybe i need to do one now. they are not expensive after all...

(the painting though... hm...)

and here is a model that a friend made

from scratch

IT IS NOT MINE
Attached images
IM001976.JPG
IM001972.JPG
IM001974.JPG
Woo! 40K

here's two of mine:
Attached images
IMG_0511small.JPG
No offence, but this thread was intended for modeling tips, you should make a seperate thread for showing off your models.
Spoilsport
i thought i replied to this thread?

well, we are not showing off. i showed the work of someone else. i think it is clear enough. besides, in a thread about "modelling tips", complete models can be inspirational, i think.
fair enough
Exactly. While the techniques for painting Warhammer miniatures may not be quite the same as painting cars (the bodyshells in particular which are for the most part just flat colour with no shading), for small details like mechanical components and the interiors the exaggerated shading method can produce come great results.

If you look at the character with the horns, on things like his helmet, the backpack, the skull and helmet on his trophy rack the shading is delibertaely made much more pronounced than it would be on a life-size model. This makes up for the lack of depth you get when you try and cast things in a much smaller scale than real-life. This would translate well to painting a car interior, or the material in a driver's fire-suit - anything that tends to have much more detail or sharper edges than you can cast in plastic at that scale.

Tamiya Modeling Tips?
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG