The online racing simulator
First mountain bike race!!
(14 posts, started )
I just participated in my first MTB race. It was a team 6 hour enduro. I did 4 laps of a 10 mile course and got back to the start line and tagged my partner 2 mins before the cut off (What I mean is I tagged my partner 2 mins before he couldnt have gone out again). He also got 4 laps. I was doing about 49-54 mins per lap. Any other MTB racers or riders out there? Also tonight will be my first night in 4 months that I have played LFS, so I have alot of relearning to do (I didnt take the 4 months off intentionaly, I just found myself doing other things being it summer). I think I'll have to take a couple of days off of the bike (My second race is on Wednesday, or 3 days). Sorry, but I just wanted to post
sounds fun! I've been trail riding lately. apart from the initial hill climb its fun to go really fast through 6 foot wide trails. (I like to pretend I'm rally racing :P)
i don't even feel like riding around my block let alone a 6 hour bike race in the mountains
Quote from Sueycide_FD :i don't even feel like riding around my block let alone a 6 hour bike race in the mountains

Lol, sorry I lead you to believe it was in the mountains (that was 3 days ago on my family vaca. in Colorado). I live in Ohio. The place where the race was at was almost completely flat (which is good and bad because you have no chance to coast), but we do have a large number of very hilly places (one place near me even has some super tecnical stuff, with large rocks and tight switch backs). The biggest thing is bunch of uber long straight aways with super narrow spots between trees that you have to go through at 15-18 mph (I, along with everyone else, hit a bunch of trees with my shoulders and handle bars, which sucks, because you always turn really hard in that direction and almost always fall off)
Never done an enduro, but I really want to!

I did do some beginner XC races when I stayed in Texas. Usually 1 or 2 flying laps of a ~10 mile track depending on the circuit.

Racing is great fun, makes you really boost your game.

Congratulations though, that was a really good effort and a great distance you managed to cover.
I am damn tired today. I think I'll just sit around, but I am already planning for next year's race . For a first race, it was soooo much fun. Youre right, racing is fun.
Woo. Already a bit ofa bump. I like to compete on the Velodrome and particualrly on the road, hoping to get onto the Scottish team for the 2014 Commonwealth games (fingers crossed)

But I also do MTB and XC riding (I'm only 13 :nod
Sounds like you had a great time. Very tired I bet

I used to MTB I haven't had much time to get back into in latley. I was more of a Downhill guy But I recently sold that after a Torn ACL and Miniscuis. But I still have my singlespeed and I hope I can get into some endurance events next year.

Good luck with your next race
Seems cool to do
Lol atleast u didn't had a sign in your face like Sam93 LOL
Yeah, I had a great time in my second race and I did well(beginner men, I guess I should have done the junior class which is 17 and below, but I would have felt like an arse because it would have been a 15 yo racing 5-10 yos). I got second and the guy who beat me is moving up a class. I had a great time and am now adicted to racing.
Quote from AjRose : I was more of a Downhill guy But I recently sold that after a Torn ACL and Miniscuis.

My friends and I found a small dh course near my house today. Very short (.07 miles) but fairly steep and rocky. We did some time trials and were pulling about 24-21 second runs. We did some filming (and kinda broke the cam) and I'll post the vids if someone will tell me how to post stuff on photobucket. We had a great time and spend 6 hours riding it. We owned some trees with our elbows and bikes thought

Edit: never mind about help with photobucket, Ill get some posted tomorrow
Quote from Scrabby :Seems cool to do
Lol atleast u didn't had a sign in your face like Sam93 LOL

No, not with my face. The other day I hit a sign warning me about bi directional trails because my brake cable broke and my rear rotor had stuff on it and didnt stop me
Sounds like a blast, You can upload videos if you register on Photobucket It takes about 15 seconds to register. Or You could Upload a Video to Youtube If you register
Yeah I figured it out. When I get the card from my friend I'll post

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG