The online racing simulator
Pixelated results in 3DS
(12 posts, started )
Pixelated results in 3DS
Yep, more problems.

I've been working in a scene, and am having issues again.

The rendered output seems very pixelated, and I'm not sure what needs to be adjusted to get it looking smooth again.

Here's what I'm gettting...

And here's what I'm used to...

Again, Drew's at a loss

(Don't pull me apart on the materials/ textures, it's still very much a WIP).
Are you using opengl display driver?
check at customise/prefernces/viewports at the bottom

Btw the girl is a bit small,but awseome scene!
When I made the bad render I was using Software... when I read your post I changed it to Open GL (going "woop woop!", thinking that it was that simple) and it's made no difference

It's amazing how bad the pixelation is on the wing mirror shadows... having said that, everything is pixelly.
mmm well i dont have idea,i get a bit pixelated when the render isnt made for my screen(1680x1050) if its smaller its no good,but i guess yours is always pixelated.. well lets wait for the max gurus
you have AA on?
Check the settings when your saving the image, it might be those that are ruining the end result.

If it isn't that, then i'm at a loss. Might be best to wait for Samyip to come along.
or maybe you could check your video card settings?
That could be the low antialias settings for the result of zig zag edges.
Set it higher and it will be OK.
In sampling settings of renderer tab, the sampling parameter is controling that. the higher number of 'Min' and 'Max' will give you much smoother line, but will take longer to render.
It may be 0,0, at the moment, so that is why your render turned out like that.
I'll have a nosey around my anti-aliasing settings.

Thanks lads.
I don't use 3D Studio so this might be way off base, but it looks like low quality lighting is being used, have you check the settings on the lights being used to case the shadow (number of rays cast or low res shadows something like that?)
Here are the 2 rendered images with different sampling settings to show the difference.
The low sampling one (-2) is more or less like what you had.
The higher setting (2) has made the edges and shadows much smoother.
Also what 'shadow type' you used for your light? If you use max's default shadow map type, you will have to make sure the map size is large. Otherwise it is pixelated. My own preference is to use raytraced shadow.
However I don't use the Brazil much. I mainly use Mental Ray. But this sampling settings theory apply to most renderers
Attached images
low sampling.jpg
higher sampling.jpg
i posted the same in the problems & questions topic, next use the search button drew555...

Pixelated results in 3DS
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG