The online racing simulator
changing the bodies?
(16 posts, closed, started )
#1 - Razza
changing the bodies?
Yes, it's possible, but only few gurus know how to do that.

And they are not releasing that stuff.
From Dictionary.com: No results found for chamging.
#4 - popsy
Its awesome what other guys can make.. i want to can do that to.... then i will build a Audi 80 B4 from my Grandfather (died 11.5.2008) R.I.P
actualy the body editing may not be sutch a hard thing but finding the softwere whitch opens veh or vob files (located in Live for speed\data\veh)
i tried to look for converters and etc but i had no luck...
#8 - Razza
fixed the title, im still curious on this because im seeing more and more vids of modified LFS cars
body editing
i have an idea, it might be illegal though (hopefully not). Well, download a hex editor off a youtube video (type in LFS hex in the search). Then download a car mods GTA Vice City (or San Andreas, both for PC) and save it. then open the hex editor, and open umm... XR.vob. Then open the car mod (txd) and try copying numbers off there. may take a while. think that'll work?
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :i have an idea, it might be illegal though (hopefully not). Well, download a hex editor off a youtube video (type in LFS hex in the search). Then download a car mods GTA Vice City (or San Andreas, both for PC) and save it. then open the hex editor, and open umm... XR.vob. Then open the car mod (txd) and try copying numbers off there. may take a while. think that'll work?

That summation is akin to this:

"I have an idea. I want to fly to the sun. I think I'll make a spaceship that can fly to the sun, then get some fuel and fly to the sun. How about that, think that'll work?".

First off, if you have no experience using HEX editors there'll be a learning curve for that (understanding what you're actually looking at and trying to interpret what it is). Then you'll have to understand how LFS's memory actually works. Then you'll have to spend time putting them together and trying to achieve your aims. Even if you could do it it would probably take you months of learning. Prove me wrong and I'll eat my hat
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :i have an idea, it might be illegal though (hopefully not). Well, download a hex editor off a youtube video (type in LFS hex in the search). Then download a car mods GTA Vice City (or San Andreas, both for PC) and save it. then open the hex editor, and open umm... XR.vob. Then open the car mod (txd) and try copying numbers off there. may take a while. think that'll work?

You're the man, with a plan that detailed, it is now all clear to me. What could go wrong? I'm off to make new cars in LFS
your a jackass, you know that? i had an idea that MIGHT work. i already tried it and it didn't. so why don't YOU fly to the sun. that way i'll be laughing down here cause you'll be dying.
Quote from amp88 :That summation is akin to this:

"I have an idea. I want to fly to the sun. I think I'll make a spaceship that can fly to the sun, then get some fuel and fly to the sun. How about that, think that'll work?".

First off, if you have no experience using HEX editors there'll be a learning curve for that (understanding what you're actually looking at and trying to interpret what it is). Then you'll have to understand how LFS's memory actually works. Then you'll have to spend time putting them together and trying to achieve your aims. Even if you could do it it would probably take you months of learning. Prove me wrong and I'll eat my hat

Actually I think the Model Changing is related to Hex Editing,
Although I wouldn't even bother if you have no knowledge of Hex Codes.
I personally have no knowledge, I couldn't even change LFS.exe AT ALL without it not starting and giving me errors, Tried it with the .vob's
Crashes.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :your a jackass, you know that? i had an idea that MIGHT work. i already tried it and it didn't. so why don't YOU fly to the sun. that way i'll be laughing down here cause you'll be dying.

So...no chance of me having to eat my hat then?
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :your a jackass, you know that? i had an idea that MIGHT work. i already tried it and it didn't. so why don't YOU fly to the sun. that way i'll be laughing down here cause you'll be dying.

So then why are you posting if you already know your idea didnt work? Its illegal to modify LFS anyway so even if it did work if you posted anything you would be banned.
Body editing is not allowed, and nor is discussion about it. I probably wouldn't have closed the thread if people weren't posting so much shit, though. :|
This thread is closed

changing the bodies?
(16 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG