The online racing simulator
insim drag mod... PLEASE help me.
ok I know that their have been a few topics created for this app over and over again, however i still cant seem to get this app to work. I have alraedy configured the isrm config file properly and when I run the app it will tell me that its connected.

however when i run lfs, start a new multiplayer game, add the proper password , port # then start the game it will work, but as soon as i type /insim 29000 or whatever port im using i just get a message that says bind error.... what is this? I dont understand what i am doing wrong... does anyone have a step by step for this?

also what vertions of lfs will this work on? could that be the problem. also i am running vista ultimate 64 bit....

thanks in advance.
#2 - m4ccy
I spent a lot of time working with that drag mod, but if u enter the server and it works, why are you then typing an insim command to change the port ? the port is allready set so u dont need to do this. By doing this in effect you probably cut the mod off.

When starting the mod if it opens and says connected, there is nothing further you need to do.

Im sure i heard that the drag mod will not function in version Y and Z so I guess your on X?

When you join the server you will see practice mode at the top and u can press shift + I to open som eoptions window.

If you need any further help ill keep monitoring this topic.

Spent 18months hosting drag mod ^ ^
Wait...are you trying to run InSim on the same port as LFS? As in, the port you set in the "New Multiplayer Game" menu? You can't do that, and that's why you'd get a bind error. Two different programs can't run on the same port, it's like trying to fit two cars into a parking space. ISRM should allow you to change the port it uses, just change it something random (29999 is good). Start LFS, start your multiplayer game as normal, using whatever LFS port you normally use. Then type /insim=29999 and then start ISRM.

It won't work properly on anything after X, as Blackwood got a track update, which means the co-ordinates were changed. It would still connect though, even if you were using Y or Z...
#4 - m4ccy
[quote= It won't work properly on anything after X, as Blackwood got a track update, which means the co-ordinates were changed. It would still connect though, even if you were using Y or Z...[/quote]

Does this mean its possible to rearrange the x and y somehow in the ISRMdrag to cope with the new servers.

Oh and btw, I looked over the cruise source, very nice, gives me much inspiration to purchase s2 ^ ^ and many ideas for additions and addons, i allready picture the goods being car insurance, ppl can trade in crashes, need certain insurance amount per car ^^.

Nice work anyway, to all those who contributed to that project.
Quote from m4ccy :Does this mean its possible to rearrange the x and y somehow in the ISRMdrag to cope with the new servers.

Yup, if the source for ISRM was released it would just mean finding the new co-ordinates in-game, and replacing them in the source.

The cruise thingy is really just a base, all of the other cruise servers have advanced beyond it, and it needs to be updated...but I've stopped working on it
#6 - m4ccy
wow man you should like make a final development and have it as official lfs sponsored mod sort of thing :-P under the list of dloads on LFSmain webpage would be

VERSION Z FULL

VERSION Z DEDIHOST

dougie's Cruise Mod Final

Got a nice ring to it :-P
But it would never be put there in a million years, because this is a racing sim .
#8 - m4ccy
Quote from JO53PHS :But it would never be put there in a million years, because this is a racing sim .

ye it was a joke ^^ and no this is not a racing sim now its a driving sim and i dont give a toss what anyone says.

I would even say that in the future this could be a true to life driving simulator of all natures, That would possibly even be used in virtual driving tests, its getting that good.

And then all of you "its a racing sim " noobs can go shovel cow pats.
Quote from m4ccy :And then all of you "its a racing sim " noobs can go shovel cow pats.

Ironically I almost do that for a living ^^
Yup
alright guys after hours of reading , either theres no solution or i just havnt found it... alright here it goes... today i decided to hold my own public server so i start it up evreythings fine evreyone can come in evreyone goes out ... perfect... so i get to the point were i want it to be a drag racing mod so i download insim drag latest version and i run it... evreything work exept a couple of thing
1 : i get a backwood error..... out of the blue.... dunno what that is ...
and
2 : i was trying to get the server to pick out the names who turn was it.. on the top of the screen and stuff ive used up my whole day searching and yet nothing.. this is my last chance ... thanks..

-bLaZe-

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG