The online racing simulator
American Sprint/British F1 Stock confusion
Pardon me but I'm a bit confused about a categorization.

British nationals know short track oval winged bumper car racing as F1 Stock. However, in America a very similar car and style of racing is referred to as Sprint Cars (winged or non-winged).

What is the exact correct terminology that refers to these two disciplines? Or are these two considered separate discipline?
Just looked up those F1 stock cars, although its close, it doesn't really look like a sprint car to me so I'd have to say they're probably totally different divisions. If anything, I think the F1 stocks look more like supermodifieds than sprint cars, except the supermodifieds are asphalt cars.

#3 - ajp71
British stock cars are full contact and a lot slower and bigger than sprint cars AFAIK and run on shorter courses.
I believe popular tracks for BRISCA style "stock cars" are speedway ones e.g. 400 metres, flat as a pancake. Think running track covered with shale. I believe that some level of ramming is part of the plan. IIRC sometimes they race on tarmac. They are non-MSA as far as I know.

I don't think we have an organisation racing sprint cars in the UK, and the nearest thing to a NASCAR Cup equivilant, SCSA, is now running as part of another series only on road courses.
#5 - ajp71
Quote from duke_toaster :I believe popular tracks for BRISCA style "stock cars" are speedway ones e.g. 400 metres, flat as a pancake. Think running track covered with shale. I believe that some level of ramming is part of the plan. IIRC sometimes they race on tarmac. They are non-MSA as far as I know.

Stock cars are full contact and have no connection to internationally recognised motor racing bodies.
Ok 2 separate disciplines ty for the responses guys

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG