The online racing simulator
seriously BAD fps!
(32 posts, started )
this is the same link you posted, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RADEON-X ... p;_trksid=p3286.m14.l1318

scroll down a bit and read the description :
Product MPN
MPN: 102a3190400at

Processor
Graphic Processor: ATI RADEON X800 XT

Key Features
Card Interface: PCI
Compatibility: PC

Memory
Installed Memory: 256 MB
Memory Tech: GDDR3 SDRAM
Memory Data Width: 256-bit
Installed Memory / Technology: 256 MB (GDDR3 SDRAM)

Technical Features
Form Factor: Plug-in card
Max. Screen Resolution: 1024 x 768
Refresh Rate at Max Res: 65 Hz @ 1024 x 768
Pipeline Engines: 16 Pipeline Engines

System Requirements
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2000, Microsoft Windows XP

Miscellaneous
Package Type: Retail
don't believe everything you read but fair enough if it's pci, he needs agp and he knows that
for sure he needs an AGP card. i was just pointing out that you linked a PCI card. i pointed that out and you confussed it with PCI-E which i pointed out was different. although you are correct when you say "we" shouldn't believe everything we see on the interweb, but i think you fluked that one.
danthebangerboy, give Jakg a pm, he is always looking at video cards. he will also know where to get the most for your money. i would go for the 512mb 7600GS. it's a good card and jakq might know where to get one for cheaper. the 7900GS is 256bit rather than the 128bit that the 7600gs has, this will help a small bit and with AGP, everything counts. prety much after that, you will be looking for a new mobo, cpu, ram, and PCI-E
Quote from dadge :for sure he needs an AGP card. i was just pointing out that you linked a PCI card. i pointed that out and you confussed it with PCI-E which i pointed out was different. although you are correct when you say "we" shouldn't believe everything we see on the interweb, but i think you fluked that one.

Click the image. It's clearly a PCIe card, if you can identify the slot structure.
plus I am 100% sure there was no X800 pci card out there... there are many recent cards that made to use the old pci interface just for specific professional use, but not X800.

Also there is no need to take the 512MB version of the 7600GS... that card really doesn't have enough processing power to take advantage of that memory (you need realy realy high resolutions and AA AF to use all that memory in most games).
i was just going by the link provided. i'm an Nvidia guy myself.
well, i went ahead and got the fx5500 card, and it seems a lot better, however, something odd has happened. I installed the new card, installed the drivers from the cd that came with it, restarted the pc as normal. It also installed the nvidia control panel and a program called vtune. Now, i can't remember if i clicked on vtune or wheather it opened up on its own, but i was presented with 2 clocks and sliders, that allowed me to adjust the clock and fan settings on the new card. Around the edge of the clocks,there were coloured bands starting green, changing to orange, then yellow, then red. I thought i would leave that side of things alone and see how lfs runs on the cards standard config. Lfs ran fine so i went back into vtune to do some small adjustments to the clock settings. The menu for changing these settings has completely disappeared and no matter what i do, i cant find it again. I am really keen to overclock a little bit, as according the menu i first saw, i could have adjusted both clocks about 30% and both would still have been well in the green band. Does anyone know how i can get this menu back as im keen to eek a bit more performance out of my card.
#32 - Jakg
IGNORE the "green band" or whatever. EVERY card has a different limit and the only way to find that is to try clock xxx and then test it etc.

You can use Coolbits to enable the options again, or install nTune, or use ATiTool.

seriously BAD fps!
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG