The online racing simulator
Round 5 Resutls and Post-Race
So, I figured I'd start this since I was the head honcho of today's run.

Results and stuff coming later today. I'll be posting them overnight my time (EDT USA) after I get other things I have scheduled done.

Please feel free to comment on anything about the race.

If you wish to contest something, please email it to jpalmerjp (at) gmail.com. I will follow the same appeal process as the rules dictates.

d
I am generally sorry for driving poorly.
Also, tonight, I'm going to scrtinize everyone's race from today.

Expect that I will have a nice long list of penalties. And these won't just be against the drivers, it'll be against the whole teams.

Reasoning: The teams control who drives in the races. Therefore, the teams should ensure that their drivers are fully briefed and prepared to represent them in the fashion the team wishes. In the end, the driver is still driving for the team, and therefore the team is also to be held accountable for their representative's actions.

I am holding EVERYONE to a very high standard - I interpret the purpose of this series to be very similar to F1, and therefore you all should be held to high standards. I am not afraid to take away a win due to a severe transgression.

I was very dissapointed in the behavior of a few drivers. These exhibited to me a mentality which is not, in my mind, how a race driver in an elite series such as this should behave. Disregard for rules, not obeying administrator commands, and more.

But that said, I do expect that the future rounds will go much better. I look forward to seeing you all in two week's time for Round 6.

d
sorry for not being able to drive the SC car for this round as i just got back yesterday from a three weeks holiday
The following drivers were found to have telepitted from on-track without permission from Race Control and will be penalised two grid spots per instance next race (the next oneGP race this season they race in). These all occured during qualifying.

[HR] colton - 4 instances - 2x4 = 8 grid spots
salaneuvos - 1 instance - 2x1 = 2 grid spots
kart608 - 2 instances - 2x2 = 4 grid spots (was caught and applied during the round.

d
During the race, and a Safety Car Deployment, the field was behind the SC, and the first car behind was not the leader. Before Race Control confirmed the order and had the field under control, garfild12, the leader at the time, overtook the car of salaneuvos, placing him one lap down.

This was not caught in-race.

garfild12 recieves a 30-second time penalty for this.

Also, salaneuvos recieves a 1-lap credit for this mistake.

d
The following complaint was recieved to the Race Director via email:

Quote :- LFS USERNAME FOR ANY DRIVER/S INVOLVED: AMB (SR M. Beatie) and Hibex (FRO|Erikksson)

- LAP THAT THE INCIDENT OCCURRED ON:

- DESCRIPTION OF INCIDENT: While behind the safety car brought out for the accident between AMB Robey and SR Beatie at T2, Beatie drives into the back of Erikksson spinning him round and losing him 3 positions. Whilst under full course yellow flags. FRO driver Erikksson did not make complaint in race to avoid breaking chat regs, he cannot move back to position to avoid passing under yellow flag rules. Beatie makes up positions after this accident and does damage to Erikksson's car.

The incident was caused by Hibex following the car ahead at reduced speed, going off and on the throttle to keep speed up. AMB was following, and accelerated, into the back of Hibex.

AMB made no attempts to avoid the car ahead, and was following too close to the car ahead.

Penalty for this is a WARNING.
The following incidents were reviewed by the administrators after the race and were deemed to be racing incidents.

- At approximately 0h00m30s into the Official Replay, there was an incident in Turn 2 between several cars, that was started with AMB and robybobey. There was contact between AMB and roby, which sent roby into the tyres and then back into the pack behind. This initial contact is deemed racing incident due to the close quarters of lap 1, and the overtaking car had sufficient overlap.

- At approximately 0h07m35s into the Official Replay, there was an incident in Turn 2 involving salaneuvos, kart608, [HR] colton. The incident was started with colton placing two wheels on the rightside grass on entry to this chicane, and slid infront of the other two cars, which collided with each other due to differences in reaction times.

- At approximately 0h59m50s into the Official Replay, there was an incident coming onto the pit straight between AMB and [HR] colton. AMB had gotten into a bit of a scrap with his teammate, garfild12. This slowed AMB down, and Colton was catching him up, and unable to move out of the way in time, due to lack of grip and proximity. Colton was under Blue Flags, but has the right to not be hindered in his race by anyone, so he did have the right to overtake the currently slower car of AMB.

d
The following incidents were investigated and have penalties, which are indicated.
  • At about 0h09m15s into the Official Replay, there was an incident in the last sector where [HR] colton and w0o0zZy contacted. The contact was caused by colton starting to recover from a spin. There was no damage and little race impact caused to w0o0zZy, and therefore [HR] colton recieves a WARNING for this.
  • At about 1h05m30s into the Official Replay, there was an incident in Turns 3-5 with gooberiv and garfild12, where gooberiv ran into garfild12, sending him out of bounds. This was the cooling down lap, which was instructed to be taken cautiously. gooberiv was driving as if on a race lap, while garfild12 was off the gas. gooberiv will be penalized by starting the next race he attends from the pitlane.
  • At about 0h25m30s into the replay, kart608 crashed and retired. He "ran into" the back of gooberiv who was slow on track with a wounded car. The contact occured right after packet loss lag from kart608, so his complete behaviours leading up to it are unavailable. However, gooberiv is being WARNED to stay off the racing line while driving damaged.
For the events between [HR] colton and AMB, these are the penalties.

For [HR] colton: Because most of his actions were a result of the actions of AMB, he will be issued a two-point penalty, as well as put on Probation for the next 6 weeks, from the date of the event. This probation applies to all New Dimension Racing Events, and means that any actions may be scrutinized more heavily and stiffer penalties issued.

For AMB: AMB had several other issues aside from with Mr. Colton, and is being Excluded from the race result. He had the argument with colton, showed disrespect towards racers and administratiors, and intentionally crashed into gooberiv at the end of qualifying, and threatened to do it again. AMB is also on New Dimension Racing Probation for the next year, from the date of the event.

In addition, the actions of AMB are resulting in an 8-point penalty to the Sonicrealms Racing Team, as they should ensure that their drivers are capable of respect to all racers regardless of what happens, and that their drivers do not take such actions as intentional crashing, among other things that the Team should be responsible for in such a league.

d
With this post it concludes the investigations. You have until 48 hours from the timestamp on this posting to appeal a decision, via an email with the penalty (as posted), your team, and your justification for why the penalty should be reduced, increased, etc.

Follow this link to get final results: http://new-dimension-racing.br ... _RaceResultsOfficial.html

Points files will be uploaded shortly.

d
#13 - slen
Quote from dekojester :The following drivers were found to have telepitted from on-track without permission from Race Control and will be penalised two grid spots per instance next race (the next oneGP race this season they race in). These all occured during qualifying.

[HR] colton - 4 instances - 2x4 = 8 grid spots
salaneuvos - 1 instance - 2x1 = 2 grid spots
kart608 - 2 instances - 2x2 = 4 grid spots (was caught and applied during the round.

d

The precedent was set earlier in the season by SilverArrows77 on this issue.
Drivers would have 10 second penalties (for each instance) to be added to their race time.
Quote from slen :The precedent was set earlier in the season by SilverArrows77 on this issue.
Drivers would have 10 second penalties (for each instance) to be added to their race time.

Well, I'm going to say this on this issue.

Time penalties are not how to handle these. Since cars that telepit are either crashed already, or in qualifying, they will either not be affected by a time penalty, or it's impractical.

So although I know and respect the precedent, I am going to not use it on this. I go for what has more impact than just a time penalty. Time penalties are really only effective on finishers of races. I tend to go for grid and points penalties before time penalties.

But I welcome further comments, and will take any comments on anything into account and due considerations. Thankyou very much, slen

d
#15 - AMB
Quote from dekojester :For the events between [HR] colton and AMB, these are the penalties.

For [HR] colton: Because most of his actions were a result of the actions of AMB, he will be issued a two-point penalty, as well as put on Probation for the next 6 weeks, from the date of the event. This probation applies to all New Dimension Racing Events, and means that any actions may be scrutinized more heavily and stiffer penalties issued.

For AMB: AMB had several other issues aside from with Mr. Colton, and is being Excluded from the race result. He had the argument with colton, showed disrespect towards racers and administratiors, and intentionally crashed into gooberiv at the end of qualifying, and threatened to do it again. AMB is also on New Dimension Racing Probation for the next year, from the date of the event.

In addition, the actions of AMB are resulting in an 8-point penalty to the Sonicrealms Racing Team, as they should ensure that their drivers are capable of respect to all racers regardless of what happens, and that their drivers do not take such actions as intentional crashing, among other things that the Team should be responsible for in such a league.

d

That was harsh, but who said I was racing for SR? Just because I had the tag and skin doesn't mean I was racing for them, they didn't inform you I was racing for them, and so you can't take points away because it wasn't official, but next race i'll behave myself, aslong as you keep an eye on those GWR so called racers, I wasn't the only one to complain about them, but I WAS the only one who had the balls to say what I thought, it's funny how you said you treat this series like the real thing, but would you see someone blocking the leaders in real F1?
Quote from OneGP rulebook : Driver Names

8a: oneGP requires all driver names, while racing in an oneGP event, to be in the following format:

- TEAM TAG - written in team colours and being no more that five (5) letter/digits

- DRIVERS REAL SURNAME - written in white only (may also inculde their first name initial if desired)

Oh, and technically you can end up with a penalty:

Quote from OneGP rulebook :

10) Amendments and Admin decisions

10b: Where any particular rule doesnt have a specific penalty assigned, the penalty given will be at the discretion of event admin.

#17 - AMB
Don't mind if i get a penalty aslong as SR don't get one, because it was my fault and like I said i wasn't racing for them, otherwise they would of stated it here or on the OneGP forum.
We at SR accept our penalty, and think it's fair... It's our own fault we chose you isn't it?

here's hoping for a more incident-free next round
-
(Mazar) DELETED by Mazar
Im dissapointed with the admin team, colton obviously showed little respect after his slanging match with me on the server for no apparent reason, every incident more or less has one of the [GWR] guys involved, if someone was driving like that in IGTC do you think they would let them continue to ruin the leaders race? Yes matthew did react badly but after various incident with colton and yet you turned a blind eye, [GWR] should be suspended from the series indefinately.
Please Reece, let me handle this ok? What messy did is unacceptable, end of discussion.
Quote :colton obviously showed little respect after his slanging match with me on the server for no apparent reason,

Huh..You where kicked from the server, twice for flaming Colton when asked not too. Colton had been there all day, no problem. You came in and within minutes had made a argument with him, your attitude was why you got you kicked by me.

This was not even on race day, you where not a competitor..

M. Beatie just about ruined the race of all serious series competitor's.

Best, Maz
My attitude towards you was started by you not doing anything, what does it matter if i wasnt a competitor? you didnt know at that point... i was dissapionted by your lack of actions towards him, hes obviously a complete **** which was shown on race day. If youd have saved the replay you would have seen he came at me for no reason, i was simply explaining to matthew that garfild was racing for us then he decided to start throwing comments at me some even aggresive, so dont start trying to back him up. I have lots of witnesses that saw what happened and will back me up on this so i dont appreciate you trying to defend him because it wont happen.
#23 - CSF
Come on Reece calm down, it's not worth the argument. SR will accept the penalty and look to bounce back at the next round. It's no big deal.
#24 - AMB
I ruined the race for all competitors? Well i did hit someone when the safety car was out because he was accelerating then braking and I accept that was my fault, I watched the replay and the 1st lap incident was a racing incident, Colton or whatever showed no respect to ANY racer lapping him, he swerved to try block me and slowed down garfild and he gets a 2 point penalty lol, and you wonder why I show you no respect, the reason is, your a complete joke.

edit: I only see a few serious competitors, well actually, all of the racers except GWR, i've had incidents with both of them, because they don't know what the blue flag means, my advice to them is obey the flag or go back to the Oval, at least there they don't get lapped too often, and I apparently disrespect every racer/admin well that's a load of crap, if that was the case i would of crashed everyone I passed, if you see my racing you'd notice the respect I give when i make clean passes and obey the flags, unlike some so called 'elite drivers'
Quote :Well i did hit someone when the safety car was out because he was accelerating then braking and I accept that was my fault

You hit him due to being a metre behind him.

Nothing to do with what he did or did not do, it was not because of his actions, but entirely due to yours he lost positions and you gained them.

Best, Maz
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG