The online racing simulator
LOTA & Storm
I've just been offered a wonderful opportunity... LOTA, or League of the America's, has offered me a chance to bring the Storm Cup in under the LOTA banner. This would allow us to use all their RLM software and make running the series much easier. Plus they have stats (debateable), extra servers, race results, hidden threads for passwords, and a wonderful protest system. The only thing we would have to do is push the schedule back 1 week to get everything set up. What do you guys think?

Go check out www.lfs-lota.net and sign up. Have a look around, familiarize yourself with the rules, and get used to the interface... Unless we have some major objections, I don't see how we could turn this down. And yes, this is open to all nations!
To expand on this offer with more info, LOTA is more than a league. Orignially, members from CoRe Racing, Chops Racing Canada, Land of the Free Racing (now S3R), and Blacksheep SimRacing got together to create a sanctioning body for league racing in the Western Hemisphere (we've since expanded internationally) after the old North American League (NAL) folded. What we wanted to do is to provide a base for different people to run their series using the LOTA infratstructure, including automated registration and protests, access to at least 3 full LFS servers (2 standard, 1 extra when needed), results/standings pages, and a full discussion forum. We have a comprehensive set of conduct regulations, and each series can create series-specific rules that govern things like race procedures, points tables, etc..

What will be different if this league runs under LOTA is that everything will be at the LOTA site. You'll still have your own series admins (with LOTA admins as a backup when needed), but you'll have the comittment of an organized base for the series and quality racing servers from 500Servers.com on which to compete. Take a look, and if you have any questions or concerns, post them here.

Quote from BigTime :I've just been offered a wonderful opportunity...
Go check out www.lfs-lota.net and sign up. Have a look around, familiarize yourself with the rules, and get used to the interface... Unless we have some major objections, I don't see how we could turn this down. And yes, this is open to all nations!

To expand on this, I suggest going to the "Get Started Here" page.
Sounds Good
Sounds great!!! I'm all for pushing back a week or 2 if needed.

I have a few questions though.

What does Lizard think of this? Has he totally given up on the series? Did he give it to you to run?
I know you guys will do a great job of running it and I'm glad it won't die...but what is Lizards thinking?
I for one would like to know what is going on behind the scenes just to know that all is cool with him, he deserves to stay in the loop (If he wants to) since he started this league.

Thanks for the effort everyone.
Quote from Toddshooter :Sounds great!!! I'm all for pushing back a week or 2 if needed.

I have a few questions though.

What does Lizard think of this? Has he totally given up on the series? Did he give it to you to run?
I know you guys will do a great job of running it and I'm glad it won't die...but what is Lizards thinking?
I for one would like to know what is going on behind the scenes just to know that all is cool with him, he deserves to stay in the loop (If he wants to) since he started this league.

Thanks for the effort everyone.

We are actually having a nice discussion with him now, he might be posting shortly.
Quote from PMD9409 :We are actually having a nice discussion with him now, he might be posting shortly.

Yup, seems to be great progress!
Quote from PMD9409 :We are actually having a nice discussion with him now, he might be posting shortly.

Right on guys Keep us posted.

Thanks
Yeah, I think it's a great thing that LOTA is taking over. The series started, some are doing really well and really want to finish it because it has a great potential. The combo's chosen are pretty damn fun and it really shouldn't go to waste.
I just want to make something clear...LOTA (as you may know it to be me, hollywood, and others) is not taking over specifically. LOTA is offering use of it's infrastructure to facilitate the series under the leadership of BigTime and lizardfolk.

Your rules and current standings will stay the same, it's just that you'll have a bit more automated and organized place to interface with the series.
nice job guys, these series just got more interesting and more professional i might say...looking forward to run first race under LOTA

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG