The online racing simulator
Sound card selection
(9 posts, started )
Sound card selection
I have just received a USB headset. I now have two sound cards so to speak.

It would be nice to be able to select which sound device LFS used within the settings, rather than having to mess about with default devices and loading up applications timed with the changes
+1
I use QuickSoundSwitch

You can set it to switch to the required soundcard before an app starts or a quick right click , left click on the icon
#4 - VoiD
I say +1 for choosing a sound device as well. We shouldn't need to use an external app to do something like that; it should be an option at install (if we had an install )

It's weird, choosing a sound device was really common in DOS and Win95-98, but these days it seems to be really uncommon, despite multiple cards of any kind probably being more common than they used to be.
the difference is todays sound cards all work pretty much the same instead of having vastly different standards
+1

I can select which monitor or video card I want to use but I cannot select which sound card I want to use.. The problem is I have two sets of loudspeakers; Speakers + monitor I use normally when I use my pc for working and other speakers + other monitor attached to my racing cockpit.

I hope we could select sound card in lfs options just like we can select video card we want to use instead of always changing windows settings.
+1
IIRC this options vanished because most games are coded for consoles and than later addapted to PC. I mean I have to shut down Flatout 2 to change the games resolution in an extra application (but the sound is not working accuratly either, as is the wheel...)

Sound card selection
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG