The online racing simulator
FBM - Blackwood - Top Speed [reduced due to engine damage]
Hey guys!

i got a problem with my FBM at Blackwood track.

After driving 2 laps in a race, my top speed in the back long straight ( after hairpin and chicane) suddenly became at least 190 km/h.
Usually it´d be 213 km/h.

It happened for 3-4 race in a row.

- My front wing was not broken
- I didnt crach other cars

What´s the problem??

thx
:bananadea

Demo user on the FBM..Yeah..
#4 - word.
You were probably driving on a server with wind enabled, and you were going into a head wind down the back straight.
Quote from S14 DRIFT ::bananadea

lol fail

But yea, wind was probably on in the server you connected to or you may have accidently tweaked your aero settings
Top Speed
Well, i tried a local race with myslef, , with:

- no wind
- only 5 laps
- no more drivers or IA

And the same happened.

In 1st lap the top speed was: 213 km/h
In 2nd lap the top speed was: 207 km/h
In 3rd lap the top speed was: 200 km/h

I have the spr ( replay ) file.
Do you guys want to take a look?

thx
Quote from wellingtonsampaio :Well, i tried i local race with myslef, , with:

- no wind
- only 5 laps
- no more drivers or IA

And the same happened.

In 1st lap the top speed was: 213 km/h
In 2nd lap the top speed was: 207 km/h
In 3rd lap the top speed was: 200 km/h

I have the spr ( replay ) file.
Do you guys want to take a look?

thx

engine damage perhaps?
It seems to!!!

But, could it happen???

Is it a bug?
Quote from SR BaCkFiRe :engine damage perhaps?

Thats the first idea that popped into my head.

wellingtonsampaio: Are you over revving the engine when changing down gears? ie: changing down to quickly?
Shift back slowly ( not _that_ fast ) not to damage the engine. That helps.
It sounds like engine damage if it's getting slower and slower each lap. Doing what the others mentioned should help, also if you post the replay we can probably tell you exactly what is causing the engine damage
Yes, i can post the replay!

How do i do that? ( i dont know ).
Quote from S14 DRIFT ::bananadea

Go shove that banana up your ass..... the FBM has been a demo car for about 4 months.

Guessing your breaking the engine when downshifting, try to be careful and watch the revs also.
Quote from wellingtonsampaio :Yes, i can post the replay!

How do i do that? ( i dont know ).

mmmmmmmmm there's a button called MANAGE ATTACHMENTS when you go to post a message..... thats where you can upload a replay.
Top Speed
Probably!

Take a look at the replay file!!
Quote from travbrad :It sounds like engine damage if it's getting slower and slower each lap. Doing what the others mentioned should help, also if you post the replay we can probably tell you exactly what is causing the engine damage

The attached file is above!
You damaged the engine when downshifting to t1 in 2nd lap.
Also adjust your line trought the chicane in t1.

I can reach 215kmh with your setup.
Quote from wellingtonsampaio :The attached file is above!

The problem is that you are making the engine working more than it was made when you put it working on the redline. When you reduce guears wait a bit before changing so that doesn't happen.

Try going 215 (or whatever your max speed is), press clutch, then put 2nd guear and release clutch. Then accelerate and you will understand better what's going on
Yep, as suspected you are downshifting too fast, especially in turn1 and the right turn after the long straight. The engine is at/past the redline when you are downshifting which is very hard on the engine. Just try downshifting a bit slower so that you aren't at/above max revs. Downshifting like that can also upset the stability of the car (and even cause a spin), so you might even find it easier to control into the corners with slower downshifts.
Quote from rc10racer :Guessing your breaking the engine when downshifting, try to be careful and watch the revs also.

...Advice coming out of you, Pecky. Don't you remember MoE?
Quote from LiveForBoobs :The problem is that you are making the engine working more than it was made when you put it working on the redline. When you reduce guears wait a bit before changing so that doesn't happen.

Try going 215 (or whatever your max speed is), press clutch, then put 2nd guear and release clutch. Then accelerate and you will understand better what's going on

Ok! I´ll try it!

But, why didn´t it happen before?
I´ve been driving in this way for months! I just cannot understand.

Can i have someone´s Blackwood-FBM-2-lap replay?

thx
#23 - TG44
Quote from wellingtonsampaio :Ok! I´ll try it!

But, why didn´t it happen before?
I´ve been driving in this way for months! I just cannot understand.

Can i have someone´s Blackwood-FBM-2-lap replay?

thx

Now that you're playing better you probably also change guears faster than before. Go to http://www.lfsworld.net/ to the hotlap section, and download as many as you want there. Notice how they don't let the engine go to redline when they change guears down.
Quote from LiveForBoobs :Now that you're playing better you probably also change guears faster than before. Go to http://www.lfsworld.net/ to the hotlap section, and download as many as you want there. Notice how they don't let the engine go to redline when they change guears down.

Thx a lot!!!

I´ll try it!!!!!!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG