The online racing simulator
Quote from 5haz :Perhaps we should look at this through 'Bernie Goggles',

Bernie's point of view ?. You mean, like this
Quote from tristancliffe :edit: Maggot - I See A Reference The Love Shack. Clearly A Joke, As Bernie Is On His Period At The Moment, And Max Can't Sit Down. I See A Middle Finger Instead Of Old Hairpin, Which Must Be Meant For Tilke? And I See James Allen Just Entering The Paddock.

I Did Get Them All? :d

Oh well. At least I've still got my Mosport that is un-tilke'd.
I'll tell you why their moving tracks, because unless the track is a major historic race (Monaco or Spa) or a Tilke shithole (see the list of planned and current shitholes Here) Bernie has some odd incentive to end racing there.

On this planet there are probably only 4 people I actually hate, but Bernie and Tilke happen to be 2 of them.
Being American he has little understanding of history
Quote from tristancliffe :Being American he has little understanding of history

He at least knows that God created the world in 1776.
ironic in one way as i remember the outcry when silverstone gained the brit gp each year rather than sharing with brands hatch. for what it's worth i always prefered the brands gp to silverstone back then as at the time silverstone was very flat and with little variety in its corners.
They have only just built a new pit complex, so I assume they won't want to go wasting that money by moving it or knocking it down.

Wise words from Hill...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/68854
their moving for something like 2 years because they are rebuilding silverstone abit (new pitlane etc)
anyway i think donnigton sucks
I love Donnington, thats why I don't want F1 to ruin it! Silverstone is perfect for F1 already, and if that silver haired midget bastard stopped lining his own pockets it wouldn't even be at risk.
Quote from DevilDare :their moving for something like 2 years because they are rebuilding silverstone abit (new pitlane etc)
anyway i think donnigton sucks

Except that it's a 10-year deal.
Quote from Mazz4200 :@ Mustafur

Bernie's billions

And to stick one on the BRDC

Donnington has had a lot of problems with grip (or lack there of) recently. Mainly due to the increasing number of flights into East Midlands airport (just a stones throw away) And it's an old, short and very narrow track. Basically it's gonna need a complete overhaul if it's gonna be used as a regular circuit. There is land nearby which could be used to extend it, but i doubt that would be a viable option tbh. Shame London couldn't get it's act together and put on a street circuit, but who knows what will happen once the contract expires

Edit whilst writing this, some more info just announced. Seems like they've signed a 10yr agreement and promised 100 million in investment http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/ ... e-loses-gp-donington.html

The investment is necessary but I doubt two years is long enough. Donny is my local circuit but I'm unsure of whether this is a good thing or not.

I don't think they'll change the circuit layout but you never know. What worries me is that they might replace a lot of the grass with gravel or tarmac which would be a damn shame. One of the best things about Donington is that it's simply a nice place to walk round.

Seeing a modern F1 car down the Craners will be something else though. I've been through there at about 95mph in my MX-5 and that felt pretty damn fast, so who knows what speeds an F1 will take them

That thing about the aircraft fuel affecting grip has never been proved btw.

Edit: Just heard from a friend of a friend and the circuit will be changed. Apparently from the back straight it'll turn left into what is currently woodland, then back to the pit area. So some of the designs in this thread might not be far off
Quote from DevilDare :anyway i think donnigton sucks

!!!!! Have you never been there? Have you never watched racing from there?
Quote from tristancliffe :!!!!! Have you never been there? Have you never watched racing from there?

i havent been there, but have seen races on TV, i just dont like it....
plus i think its too short
Anyways i wanna see British GP in Silverstone, after all it is a Legend now.
If Donnington wants F1 races, they could host European GP again, but not replace silverstone....
Quote from DevilDare :i havent been there, but have seen races on TV, i just dont like it....
plus i think its too short
Anyways i wanna see British GP in Silverstone, after all it is a Legend now.
If Donnington wants F1 races, they could host European GP again, but not replace silverstone....

What's that "if"?
Quote from deggis :What's that "if"?

fine "Donnington should sign up for European GP, not replace Silverstone"
Quote from tristancliffe :Both are great circuits (though I've not driven on Donington ), but I think the access and facilites will be a problem at Donington due to a lack of space - it's not got a huge infield, it's not got a huge paddock (because the Melbourne loop goes behind the pits)...

I don't think it'll last long on the calender unless it's massively changed. And that would almost certainly be a bad thing - like the ruining of Hockenheim for example.

I agree, it might be a good thing for British F1 as in it's the only reason there will be a British GP according to Bernie, but it'll be terrible for Donnington IMHO. Donnington is a great motorcycle track and it'll be ruined by widening etc required for it to be able to host F1.
How about this?
Attached images
New Donnington.jpg
Quote from gezmoor :How about this?

that might be nice, but there is absolutely no way they could get it done by 2010
Quote from DevilDare :that might be nice, but there is absolutely no way they could get it done by 2010

Depends on who they contract. Certainly wouldn't be on the cards if they asked the local council to do it !
I'm afraid the circuit will be butchered a bit to accomodate the inevitably much higher speed crashes.
Quote from three_jump :to make it a proper tilke track it needs a uber long straight followed by a hairpin.

like hunaudieres + mulsanne?
Quote from durbster :The investment is necessary but I doubt two years is long enough. Donny is my local circuit but I'm unsure of whether this is a good thing or not.

Yeah that seems to be the general consensus at the moment, so perhaps for the first couple of years they will run it as it is and rebuild in the off season. But then again, they might just shut everything down for the next two years and spend the time redeveloping the whole site.

It's far too early to say at the moment, but, another rumour floating around is Bernie himself is the mystery backer who's promised this 100m quid development money ! The owners are refusing to name this mystery person with all the dosh, so, you never know ?

Quote from durbster : I don't think they'll change the circuit layout but you never know. What worries me is that they might replace a lot of the grass with gravel or tarmac which would be a damn shame. One of the best things about Donington is that it's simply a nice place to walk round

Unless they go for a completely new layout unfortunately large gravel strips and huge tarmac runoff areas will be the look of a transformed Donny Remember it's Tilke who'll be doing the job so, you just have to look at the 'new' Hockenheim to get some sort of idea of what he'll be doing. Apparently it was nice to walk around that track two, infact drivers were known to get lost for hours in the woods if they broke down at the far end of the circuit

Quote from durbster : Seeing a modern F1 car down the Craners will be something else though. I've been through there at about 95mph in my MX-5 and that felt pretty damn fast, so who knows what speeds an F1 will take them

That thing about the aircraft fuel affecting grip has never been proved btw.

I agree it would be great to see modern F1 cars at the Craners, it was quite a spectacle in 93, but F1 has changed a lot since then sadly.

And 95 in an MX5 through the Craner Curves sounds like a bit of a squeaky bum moment if you ask me But then just being seen in an MX5 would be too much embarrassment for me to take

As far as the jet fuel making the track greasy. I'm only taking that from what the MotoGP guys have been saying the last few years. As far as i know the circuit was relayed last year, and if it's still really slippery then perhaps there may be something in it

Quote from durbster : Edit: Just heard from a friend of a friend and the circuit will be changed. Apparently from the back straight it'll turn left into what is currently woodland, then back to the pit area. So some of the designs in this thread might not be far off

As long as they don't copy Maggots version i think we'll be ok

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG