The online racing simulator
Ffb
(27 posts, started )
I've now replaced my FFGP with a MOMO Racing. I am so impressed with this wheel!

Big difference in quality IMO. I seem to have much more control with the MOMO and already noticing improvements on my lap-times. When I'm fully used to it I've no doubt I can beat all my previous PB's

GTG, practice to do.........
#27 - Woz
Quote from wes.brook :@ mrodgers

Comparing to my RL car is something I do regularly as I am looking for realism in this sim. TBH, there is a world of difference, mainly in the grip levels.

It takes many times more effort to get my real car sideways. I drive it hard (when it's safe) and not once have I had it in such a state that I can often get in with FWD cars in LFS. It's all about feeling. When I'm sat in my RL car, if it wants to let go, there is plenty of warning and of course you feel it through your whole body. However, comparing the grip levels generally, my RL car has much more grip than FWD LFS cars.

The grip on the UF1000 is very close to my Mini Clubman

With LFS you will find you are actually going faster than you think and push far harder than you would IRL. This is caused by a number of things such as

1) IRL you see a wider angle and have proper depth perception
2) IRL you feel most of the "This car is about to lose grip" through your body well in advance of what you feel in your hands.
3) No fear of injury

Ffb
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG