The online racing simulator
New ATI 6.1 drivers
(7 posts, started )
New ATI 6.1 drivers
Hi,

Does anyone nows if the new ATI 6.1 works fine on LFS?
No, they are no better than 5.12 or 5.13, better use 5.11 till the 6.2's, or issue a hotfix.

Dan,
Quote from BigLouieG :Does anyone nows if the new ATI 6.1 works fine on LFS?

I don't, and I have no plans finding out since the 5.10 drivers work fine here. Funny to see how the "Known Issues" list is - once again - like three times as long as the "Issues Resolved" list. :twirl:
LFS isnt even in the Known issues worryingly.

Dan,
#5 - Jakg
i used to update my dfrivers religously, but after all the prolems ive heard about, i dont, im scared to update to give it a try just in case LFS gets screwed up now! im runnning a sapphire 9600 XT should i update? or should i choose the Omega ones?
As did I, I would stick with the 5.11's for the time being.

Dan,
I have a Sapphire 9600xt and don't care about driver updates. The best driver for this card speedwise is the 3.7 IMHO. It has the least CPU hit in LFS and NR2003.
I only updated to Omega 4.12 because Battlefield 2 didn't launch on 3.7. It gives me about 1 fps less in LFS and NR2003 and about the same in rFactor or Richard Burns Rally which are harder on the GFX card. Since then I uninstalled Battlefield so I could go back to 3.7, but I don't do it because I don't want to upgrade to 4.12 again................

So if you don't own one of the newest card and don't play the newest games it's a bit useless (pure time wasting to be honest) to upgrade drivers unless you have serious problems with some games or your system is screwed up completely.

The funniest thing is when the gfx card manufacturers say in the release notes of the newest drivers that they managed to increase the performance by 10 percent. Well that's true, however they forget to mention that in the previous 12 months they lost 11 percent:illepall

New ATI 6.1 drivers
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG