The online racing simulator
LFSAdminRights
(16 posts, started )
LFSAdminRights
Hello everyone,
have you ever wanted to give someone else the ability to use some admin commands without giving them your admin password? This is what LFSAdminRights do
I've developed this software after this request has been made:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=44851 by by.corner

With LFSAdminRights you can:
* Create a list of commands such as !kick, !ban, !restart which can mirror admin commands such as /kick, /ban, /restart, etc or any other message.
* Assign to specific LFS usernames the right to use one or more of your commands.
* Connect LFSAdminRights to many hosts at once.

Every time someone types a command starting with the special prefix (which can be "!" or another char you choose in the .cfg file) LFSAdminRights will check if that username is authorized to run that command and then execute it.

The real admins (those who have the admin password) can use !adminGUI to invoke an insim button interface which gives the ability to create/delete commands and to assign/revoke rights to the usernames.

This program is distributed without any warranty.
The author takes no responsibility for any damages this program may cause, use at your own risk.

LFSAdminRights is written in Java, so it needs a Java Virtual Machine installed to run it (1.5 or higher).
I used Jinsim library for the Insim part, thanks to Brilwing and its previous author rheiser for it

Installation:
Just unzip it in a folder of your choice.

How to start it:
1) Check if the hosts.txt files is correct - you need one line for every host you wish to connect to, using the following format:
<IP>;<Insim Port>;<AdminPassword>
e.g. 127.0.0.1;17464;myPass
2) You can, if you want, change the prefix in adminRights.cfg.
3) Double-click on LFSAdminRights.exe (or, from command line, java -jar LFSAdminRights.jar).

Changelog:
Version 20080707:
- every use of prefix commands is now logged as INFO the log file.
- AdminGUI has a new "Last Commands" panel that shows the last 100 commands executed since the program was started.

Starblue
Attached files
LFSAdminRights-Win32-20080707.zip - 577.1 KB - 318 views
I cant get this working, i nstall it, run it, but i dont see a control panel "" !adminGUI"" ??

thanks
Mick
Quote from Mikjen :I cant get this working, i nstall it, run it, but i dont see a control panel "" !adminGUI"" ??

thanks
Mick

Please check the AdminRights.log file and let me know if there's an error reported there

Starblue
08:21:43,968 INFO - [127.0.0.1:17464] connection initialized.

Mick
Quote from Mikjen :08:21:43,968 INFO - [127.0.0.1:17464] connection initialized.

Is this the only line in the log? It looks ok.
I see the IP address is local (127.0.0.1): are you using a DEDI or your LFS with Start New Host?

Starblue
A dedi server m8
Quote from Mikjen :A dedi server m8

Ok, follow these steps:
1) Check that your setup.cfg of DEDI server has an Insim line like this:
// optional: InSim port
/insim=17464

Is there such a line?
2) Start DEDI server
3) Start AdminRights
4) Check DEDI server window, you should see a message telling that AdminRights has connected through Insim: "Insim - TCP : AdmRts".Can you see it?
5) Start LFS
6) Go to Multiplayer, Join Specific Host and join your local DEDI Server on 127.0.0.1
7) Type the message !adminGUI
8) Can you see the message !adminGUI after you send it?

Starblue
Quote from Starblue :Ok, follow these steps:
1) Check that your setup.cfg of DEDI server has an Insim line like this:
// optional: InSim port
/insim=17464

Is there such a line?
2) Start DEDI server
3) Start AdminRights
4) Check DEDI server window, you should see a message telling that AdminRights has connected through Insim: "Insim - TCP : AdmRts".Can you see it?
5) Start LFS
6) Go to Multiplayer, Join Specific Host and join your local DEDI Server on 127.0.0.1
7) Type the message !adminGUI
8) Can you see the message !adminGUI after you send it?

Starblue

I got it working so far, but could not get the guys I have added as "admins" to get the commands working

I will now test with standard prefix(!), instead of mine(%)

EDIT:
I have it up and running, and works GREAT

Is there any way of getting a log function, so host-master kan check who have banned/kicked who?(only needed for that option)
Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :I got it working so far, but could not get the guys I have added as "admins" to get the commands working

I will now test with standard prefix(!), instead of mine(%)

When you create a new "admin", he starts with no rights to use any command: you must click on the command buttons next to his name to give him rights to use them
Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :
EDIT:
I have it up and running, and works GREAT

Is there any way of getting a log function, so host-master kan check who have banned/kicked who?(only needed for that option)

This is the thing I hoped you could give an answer regarding

I figured out the green markers after a few test rounds
Glad to see someone has done this was wishing for such functionality back in 2005/6. Will be highly useful for many team admins I'm sure
Quote from Glenn67 :Glad to see someone has done this was wishing for such functionality back in 2005/6. Will be highly useful for many team admins I'm sure

I'm glad you like it!

Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :
I figured out the green markers after a few test rounds

My fault, I should have written something on how to use the program.
I'll try post a little tutorial later, so that other people won't have to figure out by trial and error

Quote from =Wolf=[NO] :

Good point. I'll make soon a new version where 1) every use of commands is logged to the log file 2) 100 Last executed commands can be seen from the adminGUI panel.

Starblue
Quote from Starblue :
I'll make soon a new version where 1) every use of commands is logged to the log file 2) 100 Last executed commands can be seen from the adminGUI panel.

Starblue

New version published in the opening post

Starblue
i was wondering if someone could help me <?>.
when i go to turn adminrights (ON) it says 'Executing java-jar LFSAdminRights.EXE failed.
Quote from [fw] connor :i was wondering if someone could help me <?>.
when i go to turn adminrights (ON) it says 'Executing java-jar LFSAdminRights.EXE failed.

You probably swore at it, or talked to it in capitals, therefore it doesn't like you.

Either way that would make you mad because talking to a batch of code will do nothing.

LFSAdminRights
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG