The online racing simulator
The 2008 Kyoto 500 - The Greatest Spectacle in LFS
Hey !

The inaugural Kyoto 500 has come and gone, and I'll post some screenshots from it in the style a pro photographer trackside might take.

We'll begin at the beginning, because it was just so damn awesome to see. Scary to be in, I'm told. I can expect it. 7 Rows of 3 coming to take the green flag. More to come througout the week.

d
Attached images
kyoto500start1.jpg
kyoto500start2.jpg
kyoto500start3.jpg
kyoto500start4.jpg
kyoto500start5.jpg
kyoto500start6.jpg
kyoto500start7.jpg
Woah. Those are so cool that there not even cool there Kool! One of 'em is gonna me my wallpaper.
Your 'professional photographer' needs to invest in some new equipment.

A bit of AA and AF and those would be some good shots.
#4 - ReVoX
Nice pics!
It was pretty scary yet great! The ammount of pressure was extreme!

You can see the 3 RP boys in the same Row (row 3) :P Me on the outside, Jake in the middle and kenneth in the inside.

Nice pics, it is quite a spectacle but would have been even more if the full 29 drivers showed up!
Can someone help me here because I'm failing quite epically...

It's still quite rough ATM, but the reflection of a car on the oval shouldn't look like it does on my picture... Should it? I've made the reflection by flipping a picture of the car... but I somehow need to get it to bend in some way
Attached images
Fail.jpg
#7 - J@tko
If you have any more pics - please send them to us, or postz in here

Or if you want to make a nice little movie of a wreck then that's also good.

I'll be getting something to SRT in the next week or so.
Quote from JO53PHS :Can someone help me here because I'm failing quite epically...

It's still quite rough ATM, but the reflection of a car on the oval shouldn't look like it does on my picture... Should it? I've made the reflection by flipping a picture of the car... but I somehow need to get it to bend in some way

Well, let me prhrase this simply.

To reflect, you need something shiny.

The track is not made of glass, and therefore is not a mirror.

The track is not wet, which would give a bit of a reflection. The race would be red-flagged if there were rain, until the track could be dried.

Therefore, the reflection is a waste of time. :-p

I think I'll make a video sometime this week.

d
I'm going to make the reflection less mirror like than it is right now, f00L
You forgot the photo of racers spinning out during the safety car phase.
And the photo of the car stuck in the fence.

Quote from AndroidXP :You forgot the photo of racers spinning out during the safety car phase.
And the photo of the car stuck in the fence.

Those are coming soon.

:-)

d
Here's my crap contribution to Deko's collection if even more crap screenies... At least mine has AA/AF

Yes, the water spray is a bit dodgy, but I tried my best
Attached images
lfs_00000527 copy.jpg
This is not how reflections work
i like it when will the next kyoto 500 be? :P
Quote from AndroidXP :This is not how reflections work

I'm working on the reflections now... anything else that severely epic fails whilst I'm doing it?
the car in the distance needs spray too
This any better?

Haven't done the spray off the other car yet
Attached images
Fail.jpg
Quote from JO53PHS :This any better?

Haven't done the spray off the other car yet

Better, the angle's not right though... The reflection should be almost under the car... What everyone forgets when he does rain reflections: because of the dark tarmac underneath, the reflection itself is very dark and lowly contrasted (pretty much the only colour that survives is red and neon-colours)... Even game developers forget that, resulting in such shots: http://www.areadvd.de/lm/Multi ... gcgtr2NEW_GTR2_RAIN00.JPG
When you say 'underneath' the car, do you mean in basic terms that I need to have a smaller gap between the car and the reflection in the picture?
Made the reflection more *underneathy* , lowered the saturation + contrast a tiny bit.
Attached images
Fail.jpg
Quote from JO53PHS :Made the reflection more *underneathy* , lowered the saturation + contrast a tiny bit.

wowm thats almost real
can u post a .mpr maybe? i want to take some 1680x1050 pics for my desktop
Looks very fun.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG