The online racing simulator
LFS Folder Sharing
(3 posts, started )
LFS Folder Sharing
Since there are a number of patches going around, and I need to have different patches for the videos I am making, my computer is getting quite filled up with different versions of LFS.

Basically, what I need to do is make there be one lfs/data folder that all my LFS versions can access, instead of separate ones. This is to save memory for downloading skins, and keeping driver profiles etc.

I am sure this is possible since my brother has done it with other programs in a similar way - but I cannot remember how.
Most of the patches use different stuff in the data folder, so that mightn't work. If they did however, you could just have the exe for each patch in a folder somewhere, make a shortcut for each one, and change the "start in:" part to wherever your data folder was...
Quote from dougie-lampkin :Most of the patches use different stuff in the data folder, so that mightn't work. If they did however, you could just have the exe for each patch in a folder somewhere, make a shortcut for each one, and change the "start in:" part to wherever your data folder was...

Thanks
I will try that now. Even if it doesn't work with most items - working with skins would save me a good 2gb each time.

EDIT: I'm not sure that it would work since if I opened an LFS Y30 version in an LFSY folder, it would be just like opening LFSY, and wouuld probably break.

LFS Folder Sharing
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG