The online racing simulator
Frames Per Second 90>3.4
(10 posts, started )
#1 - Jambo
Frames Per Second 90>3.4
Hi
When im racing i usually get a good 80fps, whereever i am on track. If im racing a lot of people it might go to 30 on the start grid. Which is easily raceable for the start. But when im going around, randomly it will go from whatever fps it is on, to about 3, then 4, then 3, and after a massive pile up and crash it will rise back upto 80.

I installed a new HD and still the problem consisted. I play other computer games and i have no framerate issues what so ever on it or any other game..

I close everything down and it still does it. What can the problem be?

Jambo

SPECS

Win xp SP2
Amd Athlon 64 Processor 3000+
2.00GHz , 1GB RAM
Nvidia 7600GS

(LFS USED TO RUN FINE )
This sounds like a problem I had a few weeks ago after reformatting my PC. I have an Athon 64 3200+. Its seems that I didn't have my CPU drivers properly installed. After reinstalling those, the problems went away. I hope I've helped.

Bryan
#3 - Jambo
Hi

Thanks a lot bryan. Hopefully i think i might have found the source of my problem. At the exact same time as the fps dropped to 2, the cpu % bar on my keyboard went to 100% (Showing that the CPU was being used up 100%)

I then had an idea to quickly minimize it and see under processes what was taking it up. Surprisingly it wasnt lfs... it was something i hadnt even heard of. But was under "username - James" and not under System. I eneded it and the problems went away. So i shall see if it happens again

thanks a lot

James
See if it comes back, and post the name if it does. It sounds like it can't be anything too serious if it's using that much CPU load, a virus/spyware wouldn't be stupid enough to be that easily detectable. Check msconfig, and see is it running on startup.
#5 - Jambo
I have recognised the name of it on CNTRL + ALT + DEL. I do hope it was the source of my problem

I also have patch Y30 (the test one) to see if it helps. The name of the thing was NMIndexStoresrv.exe Its taking about 20,000 when i just have msn running and dont see why it would suddenly rise when lfs is running. Dont know what its off. Just got to remember to end it everytime i boot up i suppose.

thanks a lot people If it wasnt my problem ill get the thread back to life

James TY
A very simple solution would be to run msconfig and disable it in the startup list, however I don't know what effect this may have on your Nero Suite. I'm assuming Nero 7.

If you are not sure if Nero Scout is eating up your CPU, look for these processes in Task Manager:
NMFirstStart.exe
NMIndexStoreSrv.exe

You may still have a Nero Scout icon in Explorer unless you dive into the registry and delete the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace
\{3D6BE802-FC0D-4595-A304-E611F97089DC}

It is possible that the hex number will be different on your computer. Search the registry for the data string “Nero Scout"

If that's a no go, and it's Nero 7 you're running, click start, select run, and type exactly this;

regsvr32 /u "%COMMONPROGRAMFILES%\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

Then click OK and reboot your PC.
Good luck.

If none of this helps, here's a legitimate webpage dealing directly with your problem. I guess Nero Scout can be a severe resource HOG. I've always used NTI, highly recommend itl
Update the Bios
#8 - Jambo
Hi.

Thanks for the help DHRammstein, but im running nero 8

I dont know how to stop Nero Scout opening on bootup. I shall check the options in nero, otherwise ill just keep ending it as soon as my pc boots up.

Thanks a lot, i hope its solved my problem

#9 - Jakg
Download Autoruns and have a look at the "Startup" tab to see what shit is running at startup.
Thanks a lot Jak. Worked a treat

Frames Per Second 90>3.4
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG