The online racing simulator
Done wire management, yet to BSOD yet (and running cooler).

Specs of my PSU...

WOW.

NO BSOD's at ALL so far - seems that the PSU was just over-heating.

I've been running Small FFT's in Prime95 all days, CPU's getting a little bit toasty (4 cores between 70° - 75°), but no crashes at all.

Best bit? I also overclocked it to 3.1 GHz with a little more vCore and it's still bloody stable. w00t!
gg man. gg
fingers crossed eh. lets hope that this solved the issue. there's nothign worse than a rogue problem with a system that just keeps messing with your heed. maybe you should undo you overclocking until your confident the system is now stable?
It's been Priming all day - it seems fine. TBH I only overclocked to make it BSOD sooner but the damn thing wont!
it will bsod when you try running notepad. you've GOT to expect it
Well it finally BSOD'ed, but maybe the 1+ GHz OC, 50% OC and stock vCore was the cause

God i'd forgotten how i love OC'ing
i told you it would bsod when running notepad! but you didn't listen to me

what did it say when it bsoded?
Memory_management
yeah. notepad initialy couldn't open files larger than 64KB. So they hacked it so that you can open bigger files, but the hack doesn't work very well in all the circumstances.

this is relevant to the PAE i mentioned earlier and you correctly said that you only heard bad things about it. That is why linux, which doesn't use the PAE, is stable while windows isn't.

so if notepad wants to access more than 64K in windows XP the PAE doesn't work very well in OCed systems, because the tight timings that the hack requires frustrate the MMU of your CPU.

and you bsod.

please don't ban me
Use notepad++

Better , Faster , Stronger

PC Constantly BSOD'ing - Need Help
(111 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG