The online racing simulator
#1 - Jakg
PC Constantly BSOD'ing - Need Help
My PC (specs here) is starting to BSOD more and more and it's really starting to piss me off - It's not overheating, and it seems to do it randomly whether under load or not and running different apps. I don't know why it's doing it and I really need some help!

Any ideas? I'm on the verge of installing another copy of Vista and then running Prime95 on that...
Have you tried removing any overclocking yet? I'd do that first and see if it's stable, since heat isn't the only problem of overclocked hardware.
#3 - Jakg
Nothings overclocked.
Maybe you should update your rig's specs sheet then :shhh:
Have you checked your RAM's? When the same things happened I used ramtest to check, and it seemed one of my newly purchased RAM's was faulty.
#6 - Jakg
Quote from AndroidXP :Maybe you should update your rig's specs sheet then :shhh:

D'oh!

Will try Memtest+ later, thanks.
#7 - Jakg
Ah, forgot to say I usually get a "IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL_TO" error or similar.

I will right down the crash address next time it happens, Auto Restart's already off.
#8 - Jakg
D'oh can a mod please move this to the hardware section? I forgot this section is for LFS stuff...
No driver file mentioned in the BSOD? I have something called debugwiz that reads the memory dumps from a crash and tells me what happened, sorta. I narrowed my crashes down to the soundcard driver like this, might be worth a shot.
For your specs how the damn does ur 580W PSU power all that stuff?
I'd get a 700 for that stuff :|
You have no friggin' clue.
#12 - Jakg
Quote from tisy0 :For your specs how the damn does ur 580W PSU power all that stuff?
I'd get a 700 for that stuff :|

700w?!

700w would power two of my CPU's and much more powerful graphics cards (as verified by a guy i know off another forum with a dual-Xeon machine who found out his system only used about 700w and that spending over £100 on a 1kw PSU was totally pointless...)

I'd rather sell my gfx card and get something like a 4850 (same speed almost and make a profit with less power usage!) than get a new PSU as it'd be cheaper.

My PSU isn't great though - but if my PSU was to blame why would it crash with the gfx cards in 2d mode and the CPU underclocked at 5% load?
those bsods are usually caused by a bad driver
although youll want to try memtest and prime fist to see if something else is broken
#15 - Jakg
Driver problem, and i'm on Vista with 4 GB of RAM with both nVidia and Creative hardware. Oh joy... :X
Quote from Jakg :Driver problem, and i'm on Vista with 4 GB of RAM with both nVidia and Creative hardware. Oh joy... :X

Show the nunmber of the BSOD

Is like

0x00000002 (0x013204050 0x00000000)

Or Similar , also with the memory dump cheker , you can see where is the problem and where is the comflict

Also do this

Control Pannel ->Adm Tools -> Event Viewer -> System , and check the ( X ) in red you should able to see the problem
#17 - Jakg
Which ones it under? In event viewer i've got:

Event View (Local)
Custom Views
Administrative Events
Windows Logs
Application
Security
Setup
System
Forwarded Events
Applications and Services Logs
{lots and lots of stuff}
Subscriptions
System I think, at least that's where I would look in XP.
system... just like he said
Quote from Shotglass : system... just like She said

Quote from Jakg :Which ones it under? In event viewer i've got:

Event View (Local)
Custom Views
Administrative Events
Windows Logs
Application
Security
Setup
System
Forwarded Events
Applications and Services Logs
{lots and lots of stuff}
Subscriptions

System, when you click, pop ups a new windows with the error´s in your system
although it can be completely misleading and not help at all... but its a good start
#22 - Jakg
Quote from Shotglass :system... just like he said

:doh:

Some of the ones i've got...

Quote :The Extensible Authentication Protocol service depends on the CNG Key Isolation service which failed to start because of the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

Quote :The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load:
nvport

However I think that was on the subsequent boot-up because it's one of the 400 million services Vista has that serve no use and are dsabled.
My Computer > Manage > Event Viewer > System

Not sure if its the same on Vista tho.
Quote from Shotglass :system... just like he said

Quote from Jakg ::doh:

Some of the ones i've got...

However I think that was on the subsequent boot-up because it's one of the 400 million services Vista has that serve no use and are dsabled.

Yup ,Aparently are drivers problem or comflict

The BSOD , pop up only , when you play or ramdonly ?

Also try to donwload the MemTest ,and check if is 1 or your memo Ram are in bad state , or donwload some benchmark for memory and look if in the middle of the bench pop ups the BSOD,

nvport.sys is part of nvidia's PureVideo decoder.
in case you dont know it yet this should have everything youll ever need to find the problem without any drivers getting in the way
http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

PC Constantly BSOD'ing - Need Help
(111 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG