The online racing simulator
Pinball!
(21 posts, started )
Pinball!
Hey you guys! (remember the Goonies?)

Just wanted to let you all know about Future Pinball. This was recommended in the free games thread not so long ago, I downloaded it... it is without a doubt the best pinball simulator I've ever seen. If you like pinball, and you haven't checked out Future Pinball, then you really must. It's pretty much perfect pinball.

For starters, it's free. That's already good. Secondly, the ball physics is spot on (ie, proper pinball sim). Thirdly, you can create your own tables in the editor (powerful and flexible- haven't mucked around too much with that yet, but it does look very interesting).

Another strong point is that it's realtime 3D. No more static pre-rendered tables. The graphics are wonderful. If you have a good GFX card, you can really crank things up and experience an amazing presentation. It will run I think in any resolution you throw at it. Lots of options for custom configuration. If you want, you can even set up track-IR!

There are lots of high quality tables for download (also for free), both from the main site, and others around the web. People are recreating old RL tables and inventing new ones. The standard is very high with all the tables I've seen so far.

So yeah. That's my little ad, which I thought I had to make. This game is a total gem.

PS- be fun to get some scoreboards going in this thread!

Sci-Fi Classic - 268,710 - Ekar

http://www.futurepinball.com/

this looks fun but stupid torrent. is there a non torrent version?
Cool, I remember playing Visual Pinball a few years ago.
Excellent!

Just been playing my all-time favourite pinball table...it's just about 100% accurate too!
Quote from Bladerunner :Just been playing my all-time favourite pinball table...it's just about 100% accurate too!

Which would that be?

I tried to find Terminator and Addams Family (my two faves from back in the day when I used to spend FAR to much time in the arcades on the seafront) but couldn't find them
Quote from danowat :Which would that be?

I tried to find Terminator and Addams Family (my two faves from back in the day when I used to spend FAR to much time in the arcades on the seafront) but couldn't find them

Do you happen to remember the name of the race-car themed one? Same generation as the Adams Family machine IIRC.
There was a Corvette one around that time, and I seem to remember one called "Route 66" or something.
Quote from danowat :There was a Corvette one around that time, and I seem to remember one called "Route 66" or something.

Photographs of those that I find don't match what I remember. The one I remember was car-race specific - had pitstops, lap counter, flags, etc

I'll google later on, perhaps I can find it. I recall it was quite good and the whole theme made sense.
Quote from danowat :Which would that be?

Harlem Globetrotters...played it 10+ hours a day for about 8 months back in the 80's...once I was on it I just kept racking up replays, and nobody else could get near it
Was in the bowling alley at Torquay..my favourite hang-out at the time
Doing a bit of reading into FP, it seems they will never support pinmame and roms, so my favourite 90's tables won't be emulated , back to visual pinball for me....
Yes, its from the game. Full screen @ 1900 x 1200, all gfx effects at maximum... looks brilliant.

Quote :Doing a bit of reading into FP, it seems they will never support pinmame and roms, so my favourite 90's tables won't be emulated

I wonder why? That's probably the only thing missing.

Quote :Do you happen to remember the name of the race-car themed one? Same generation as the Adams Family machine IIRC.

Is it this one?
Heh, I've been feverishly downloading tables at blistering dialup speed (throttled back), there's some seriously good work around.

Really getting into the classic 70s tables, there's a large range of very good quality recreations over here. Great sounds, especially in regards to some of the mechanical details (like the electrical buzz when you hold down the flippers on some games). Stuff by Popotte and Greywolf for eg is very high quality. I'm getting a scripting error though on some of Greywolf's tables, tried to fix it but am not having much luck (it seems everything is in the right folders).

Anyone recommend some good tables they've found?
Quote from Electrik Kar :Is it this one?

You know, reading the description and looking at the photos of the table itself, that must be the one - for some reason I can't remember the singleseaters it has on the scoreboard. Side-effects of playing pinball under the influence I guess.
It maybe a slightly different version. You could certainly find out for sure on the FP forum- those guys seem to know pinball inside and out.

I looked for Indy 500 as a FP table, but could only find one for Visual Pinball. It's been around longer so I guess there are more tables available.
Plus VP supports pinmame, and proper roms, which IMO are essential to emulate the later "dot matrix display" pinball tables.

It's a shame, because the physics in FP are quite a bit better than VP.
W00T!! New Hi-Score for me on my favourite table
Attached images
GLOBEHISCORE.JPG
I challenge thee!
Been playing this for a while now. I am utterly shit at pinball unfortunately, but it is really nice with everything up full. Apart from a tiny hitch/lag when each multiball is generated it`s great fun.

Longest time I`ve spent so far on it have been with the Big Spender, 3 Angels, and Li II tables. Scores probably not worth mentioning
Quote from Electrik Kar :I challenge thee!

post screenies then...What table?? (Hopefully GlobeTrotters! )

I was actually trying to bump MY DESK while playing just now!
I'll give Globetrotters a go. Highest score there is about 100,000 or so.

Quote :Been playing this for a while now.

How come you never told me about this- it's awesome!

Pinball!
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG