The online racing simulator
Job & Employer Problam
(13 posts, started )
Job & Employer Problam
ok my family manages a Resort and we have some problems with the owner so fallowing are the problems and stuff. Ok some times when were shopping for things the the resort needs we have to use our family's personal credit card (my dads or moms) becuase we don't have the company card, so the problem is the owner ows us around $3000 dollars thats around 1500 pounds of money and we have asked the owner to reimburse (sp?) us for that amount but the owner hasn't so tonight my mom sent a email requesting that we get $3000 dollars back, or at least a reply in 24hours, because we spent around $3000 of our own money to buy things for the resort. so my question is what would you do if you had this problem? or is my mom/family doing the right thing? If the owner doesn't pay it my mom said she take the receipts of the stuff we buyed and take the money out of the petty cash (aka a box of extra money). So whats you opinion? If there is anything else you want to know please tell me and I'll give it to you
If you're looking for legal advice, this isn't the right place to ask.

Personal opionion: Just use the company card for your personal needs to get the 3000$ back
#3 - JJ72
What are the stuff they bought for the resort, can you trace exactly what it is? I think there's a lack of communication before they purchase anything, they shouldn't be using their own card. and no don't take from the petty cash box, it will weaken your case.
If he doesn't pay up you should sue in civil court for the $3000. Bring the receipts.
Use the company credit card for $3000 worth of hi-res skin downloading? While you're at it, you can pre-purchase S3 as well.
Did he give your parents the permission to purchase the stuff for the resort? and was he aware that you were using your own cards?
Why did you buy stuff for the resort with your own money in the first place? If the resort needed things and the owner didn't provide you with a means of purchasing then don't buy it. That's his problem.

And why didn't you just use the petty cash in the first place?

Try to work it out without going to court.
if he isn't paying there is likely a reason, I suggest you find out what that reason is before deciding a course of action.

As managers your parents need to learn to manage what they have, rather than inventing new resources which the firm may not be in position to honour.
#9 - samjh
Quote from swisscosmo :ok my family manages a Resort and we have some problems with the owner so fallowing are the problems and stuff. Ok some times when were shopping for things the the resort needs we have to use our family's personal credit card (my dads or moms) becuase we don't have the company card, so the problem is the owner ows us around $3000 dollars thats around 1500 pounds of money and we have asked the owner to reimburse (sp?) us for that amount but the owner hasn't so tonight my mom sent a email requesting that we get $3000 dollars back, or at least a reply in 24hours, because we spent around $3000 of our own money to buy things for the resort. so my question is what would you do if you had this problem? or is my mom/family doing the right thing? If the owner doesn't pay it my mom said she take the receipts of the stuff we buyed and take the money out of the petty cash (aka a box of extra money). So whats you opinion? If there is anything else you want to know please tell me and I'll give it to you

Consult a lawyer.

Seriously, this is just not the right place to ask for advice on that sort of issue.
Quote from morpha :If you're looking for legal advice, this isn't the right place to ask.

Personal opionion: Just use the company card for your personal needs to get the 3000$ back

Using the company card to reimburse yourself would lead to more problems over in the UK and so I wouldn't advise doing that even though it is a reasonable idea to think, however legally it could land you in shit. I don't study foreign laws so it could be different...

Quote from samjh :Consult a lawyer.

Seriously, this is just not the right place to ask for advice on that sort of issue.

As samjh says above ^^

Now, seeing as you asked "what would you do...?"
What I would do in that situation is first initiate verbal communication and find out what your current position is.
If that fails then I would proceed in writing allowing a "reasonable" amount of time for a response (14 days is reasonable) after which if the response is not satisfactory or maybe a complete lack of response I will follow up with a second letter - a letter before action - giving 7 days informing them I will initiate a small claim in the county court to recover all losses, and to seek an additional award for distress and inconvience together with legal expenses.
In my letters I would cite any relevant case law or legislation that would help my case.

My personal actions aside, I agree with the other responses - seek professional advice - proceeding without could land you deeper in shit and cost more than what you have already lost.

[edit] Do not take the money out of petty cash - initiate communication with the owner and then recover your losses legally. Consult a lawyer. [/edit]
LFS does not stand for "Legal Friggin Stuff"...
I wouldn't post confidential stuff like this on a forum, leave it to your parents ffs, i doubt they would appreciate it either.
wall of text.

I'm sorry, it's 2:10 am, and i still can't sleep, my notebook is just fried on my legs...so next time sometimes you should press the Enter button. It was really hard to read your post.
Btw, bad situ.

Job & Employer Problam
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG