The online racing simulator
Team Fortress 2 Discussion Thread
(177 posts, started )
If it's only a tenner then I might buy it when I get my next pay cheque, the original TF was great fun!
Quote from Tweaker :Still too many people that lonewolf and do their own thing, which turns me off a bit from playing the game. When there are those few cases of teamplay, it is just way too easy to win, or just way too repetitive.

Best teamplay is PR mod for BF2 ... can't get any better than squad organization and crazy tactics required to win. TF2 is just a Q3 style shoot'em up chaos teamplay. Still fun, but team-based? Not really, unfortunately.

Sounds like you ain't been playing with the right people.

If a team has superior strategy in an otherwise even fight, they're definitely going to win.
No? Doesn't matter who I play with, and I know what a good team is and a bad team.

Almost always attacking teams win, and defending teams just lose horribly... at least a majority of the time. Uber is incredibly annoying and easy to conquer areas with, and it just puts the defending team in a bad position each time. They've had to try and balance it 2 or 3 times now?

I play on Q and other servers where there are lots of good players, and there is no 'coordinated' strategy or superior strategy. It is just rushing with uber, rushing with scouts, etc. Like I said, repetitive, and hardly the best teamwork in an FPS.
Played for an hour or two but didn't really get excited enough to buy it. Once you've seen one deathmatch FPS, you've seen them all.
I don't think there's a single deathmatch level in TF2.
TF2 seems to be better played paired up with someone and helping achieve the objectives rather than working with the whole team on a master plan. Its fun and more casual that way.
Quote from Tweaker :Almost always attacking teams win, and defending teams just lose horribly... at least a majority of the time. Uber is incredibly annoying and easy to conquer areas with, and it just puts the defending team in a bad position each time. They've had to try and balance it 2 or 3 times now?

Uber is just fine. It doesn't last that long anyway and you can't capture while it's on.
And the winning is pretty even too, only exception really is goldrush where the defending team wins almost everytime. Anywhere else it's pretty even.
Source

Sure there isn't much strategy going on in public servers, but you can't really expect that when playing a game as popular as TF2 is.
I have to admit the team play part of TF2 is rather beyond me, just like in BF2 there have occasionally been the odd server where for some reason everyone plays as a team, which usually results in pretty much guaranteed victory. Most of the time though it is just like a team deathmatch with maybe the odd small groups working together. The only FPS I've played where teamwork actually seems to happen and be necessary is Project Reality.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I don't think there's a single deathmatch level in TF2.

I ment the gameplay style, run around and kill other people who are jumping around like bunnies. It's not so much different from CS and other games.
*BUMPY*

http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/

Today, new scout update with new maps and weapons will be out for PC for free and i expect another free weekend to happen.
Get yourself ready, 'cause this time it will be really insane!
I just wanna know what the new Game type that's gonna get added is :P (Every update has brought a few new maps, a new game type and new weapons for the updated class)
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I just wanna know what the new Game type that's gonna get added is :P (Every update has brought a few new maps, a new game type and new weapons for the updated class)

From what you can see in background of Energy drink page it looks like double payload, where every team has it's own cart. But we'll see very soon.
Good point, I never noticed that before.
when will they release a xbox 360 update...
Quote from mutt107 :when will they release a xbox 360 update...

I don't think they'll do the console updates progressively like they are with the PC. You'll probably get it when all the classes have unlocks, which at current there is the sniper, demoman, engineer, spy and soldier to go. As it stands there we're only just getting halfway, having the medic, pyro, heavy and the scout. I could be wrong though.

Its probably going to be EA's decision at the end of the day since they published the game for consoles.

Updating TF2 now, I never really played the Scout so should be interesting
Quote from BastianB :im in

btw! tf2 is half the price till friday !!

whoa! i think imma go buy that, or day of defeat source
€10 for TF2? That's a steal!

Downloading now, thanks for the tip!
Great game, worth every penny.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Great game, worth every penny.

bought it 2 hours ago, its downloaded 65% now. Looked cool on youtube

76% now :P
That new scattergun is a blast... literally.
I haven't unlocked the new Scout weapons yet because, well, there are far too many scouts running around. I'll wait a few weeks and hope that everyone has calmed down.
This game absolutely rocks, 10€ is nowhere near its real price, go grab this game for this cheap before its too late. This is absolutely brilliant game.
10/10 from me.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :I haven't unlocked the new Scout weapons yet because, well, there are far too many scouts running around. I'll wait a few weeks and hope that everyone has calmed down.

I did it in 2 hours of work (started at 12:00 midnight, finished at 2 AM). Albeit a bit of cheating (sitting on a created server double jumping over and over, the shitty achievement servers, adding bots to a created server), but only because I hate the Scout Class, I just feel... incomplete without all the unlockables.
Quote from Kid222 :*BUMPY*

http://www.teamfortress.com/scoutupdate/

Today, new scout update with new maps and weapons will be out for PC for free and i expect another free weekend to happen.
Get yourself ready, 'cause this time it will be really insane!

I really hate you. I clicked this thread expecting to see "OMG TF2 FREE WEEKEND WOOT" but no. Me sad. :cry:

Team Fortress 2 Discussion Thread
(177 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG