The online racing simulator
Do tires really heat up this fast?
Innocent question from a kid who isn't old enough to drive yet, but...

Front tires on a FXO heat pretty damn quickly, rear tires in this game heat extremely quick as well. Compared to real life racing, is the tire heating this extreme?
On a track - pretty much yes. If you take a road car on a track for one or two laps, and then come in and feel the tyres they will be quite warm. The rear tyres (on a FWD) probably wouldn't get quite as warm as they do in LFS...

Another factor is that in LFS you tend to drive 'harder' than you ever would on a track - hurling the car around and giving it way more abuse than most people would be brave or foolish enough to attempt in real life.
#3 - Jakg
What's your tire pressures and diff setup?
#4 - Woz
Quote from gremwood :Innocent question from a kid who isn't old enough to drive yet, but...

Front tires on a FXO heat pretty damn quickly, rear tires in this game heat extremely quick as well. Compared to real life racing, is the tire heating this extreme?

If you abuse the tyres IRL as much as people do in LFS then its a fair bet. Push to the scrub noise only, go over into skid and you are just creating heat with no real gain in speed.
A few years ago I had the opportunity to take a road car onto a race circuit after a rather ham-fisted few laps found that the tyres indeed got quite hot.
I believe that the devs have recently changed (reduced the width) the front tyres on the FXO to help balance it out against the other TBO's. Although it still kicks ass you now have to be kind to the front tyres.
One would also assume that racing tires are made of different compounds then street tires?

This could also be a factor.
We are talking about the street tyres in LFS. Road normal and road super.
this happens "sometimes" when you are getting understeering in cornering, i mean, you take the turn and you need to release gas and keep hard the steering wheel, i dunno if this happening to you, but its a cause.
Quote from gp4racer :this happens "sometimes" when you are getting understeering in cornering, i mean, you take the turn and you need to release gas and keep hard the steering wheel, i dunno if this happening to you, but its a cause.

Its called a brake pedal

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG