The online racing simulator

Poll : What should race 3 be?

SO Town Rev
SO Classic
Pre Race 3 Discussion
I think it should be Town Rev simply because Classic is wayyyy too small for the amount of people that participate and would create too many lapped cars.
SO1 is more exciting
Too tight for this bunch. I actually love the SO Classic track with the XRT but with these drivers, you will have a caution all the time. People won't know NOT to dive bomb into the chicane. You have to line yourself up and get a great exit to get the driver on the next corner. Plus people will bitch and complain that they are getting tagged or spun out since lap traffic will be horrendous.
So whats happening...I need to know the track so i can practice...
Quote from Mischief007 :Too tight for this bunch. I actually love the SO Classic track with the XRT but with these drivers, you will have a caution all the time. People won't know NOT to dive bomb into the chicane. You have to line yourself up and get a great exit to get the driver on the next corner. Plus people will bitch and complain that they are getting tagged or spun out since lap traffic will be horrendous.

I think the down hill hair pin & the up hill fast coner will kill more car & we will see more caution than the bus stop chicane....
May I ask why you want to change the track configuration? Seems late to do so.

Also, +1 to Mischief.
Quote from racer hero :So whats happening...I need to know the track so i can practice...

Relax, take a few days off, we have a break this weekend so you'll have more than a week to practice

Quote from PMD9409 :May I ask why you want to change the track configuration? Seems late to do so.

People have been saying that the schedule's changed to classic. I just put a poll to see what people wanted.

I forgot to put a time limit to this poll so I'll state it now. This poll will end in 2 days. Which ever config wins we'll use
Who said Classic? And why should you think about changing it if someone says the schedule wrong? TBH, I want THE schedule, not a changing one.
So 1 is definately my favourite track...
me 2
& I think SO Town Rev's start\finish is too close with the first U turn coner....
Scania the downhill hairpin is no big deal at all. If you are having problems with it practice a bit and I'll guarantee you'll get it.

If I have no problems with it then there's no reason anyone else should as well.
For the sake of giving the participants as much time as possible to practice. I'll end the poll now.

THE RACE WILL BE SOUTH CITY TOWN REVERSE
Alright, just to let you know...i will be throwing qualifying because I would rather not be infront of ANYONE into that downhill hairpin.
Quote from scania :I think the down hill hair pin & the up hill fast coner will kill more car & we will see more caution than the bus stop chicane....

You haven't been on CTRA servers have you? Even with the lovely XRG & XFG, people thought they can go two wide. You can't. In the downhill left hander in SO Town you actually have room to go two wide safely, three wide if you push it and really slow down.

I'm glad SO Town is staying. It is a great track with lots of bumps....
Quote from racer hero :Alright, just to let you know...i will be throwing qualifying because I would rather not be infront of ANYONE into that downhill hairpin.

I'm pretty sure you have to make at least a lap of qualifying to be able to race.
Yes, I will do a lap...Just slowly.
Yes, I will do a lap...but with drift......
SO Town Rev!!
IMO, changing tracks is not appropriate at this point. You have already created the schedule.... why go and change it now? Sure, it may not seem like a big deal... but just as PMD said, I want THE schedule... not some randomly decided one every week... My 2c

Quote :Yes, I will do a lap...but with drift......

This is a race event.. not drift.
Quote from teedot :IMO, changing tracks is not appropriate at this point. You have already created the schedule.... why go and change it now? Sure, it may not seem like a big deal... but just as PMD said, I want THE schedule... not some randomly decided one every week... My 2c

The track wasn't changed, it remained to be SO Town Rev.
I'd like to propose a rule for leaving the server after you disconnect.

Provided that we change the rule to one discconect is one DNF.

From what I noticed. There seemed to be people hanging around on the server after they were disconnected or were scored as DNF.

I think it would help with the lag situation If only people that need to be on the server are there.

Aj
Put it on LFS REmote....people have asked and tryed to look for it?
Then all specs can leave and monitor the race that way.
Replays are available on request.
Quote from boogle :Put it on LFS REmote....people have asked and tryed to look for it?
Then all specs can leave and monitor the race that way.
Replays are available on request.

LFS remote is available for the SR cup server.

It was for the first race I didn't check for the last race though
Quote from AjRose :LFS remote is available for the SR cup server.

It was for the first race I didn't check for the last race though

It wasn't for the BL race. I checked as I didn't want to join the server again in fear of taking out someone with me but it wasnt on remote so.. yeah..

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG