Problem With Sony Vegas (No video-only audio)
(36 posts, started )
#1 - Migz
I am so close to smashing the POO!!! out of my computer!

Right in sony vegas 7 pro i have 3 layers, 1 video and 2 audio.

Ive got about a minutes worth of video but when i try rendering as wmv it comes out as a black screen and audio.
So theres no acctual video only audio!!

Its really getting on my nerves!!

It does this if i try and render as .avi

Ive not touched any settings or anything at all, i made my 1 minute of my video, clicked ctrl+a to select everything, when to render and hen left it on default settings.

And it still doesnt want to render the video!
It was doing this once before so i just closed everything, re opened vegas and just put on clip in and rendered that to see if ti worked. But then if i try and make something longer then one clip it wont render the video.

Help someone? before i stab my computer.
This was happening to me too. I think you need to select them all and then render it, I am not sure.
You sure you set it to include video in render options? :P

I've done tons of work with Vegas, and never experienced this. Try with one of the output presets or format/resolution presets.
#4 - Migz
Quote from shaun463 :This was happening to me too. I think you need to select them all and then render it, I am not sure.

Well i press ctrl + a so that selects everything i think?

Quote from r4ptor :You sure you set it to include video in render options? :P

I've done tons of work with Vegas, and never experienced this. Try with one of the output presets or format/resolution presets.

Nope in the wmv options theres nothing to set for it to not record video.

ill take some screenies of each tab on the options and see if you can help out =]

But until then :weeping:
I didn't mean the wmv options window, but the Vegas window, wher you set resolution, quality etc.

And yes - send screenies.
#6 - Migz
Oh right, sorry misunderstood. Im waiting for the bus home now (opera mini ftw!) But as soon as i get home ill show the screnies of both vegas and wmv options. Thanks

Edit: Uploaded screenshots of all the options tabs

Everything is default except the vegas options where i changed the height to 1024x768
Attached images
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
#7 - Migz
Uploaded screenies now

Composition mode is already set to that.

Edit: ive not changed anything at all!

I clicked new, set my size left the rest as default.

I then added 1 video layer, and 2 audio layers, then added video and music. Then tried to render.

Thats all ive done lol, not messed with any settings or modes at all.
Why don't you try to double click on the video lane untill it automatically selects everything. It will show the selection with a "Blue selector" that has 2 yellow triangles on each end on the top of all channels/lanes.
And then it is supposed to render everything on that selection. Like when your using scripts for vegas.
Don't know if it's going to help, but give it a try.
#10 - Migz
Nope

neither has done anything, installed the codecs and nothing.

Also clicked the entire layer and nothing

Sony Vegas Sucks Balls

Anymore things that could be doing it?
I doubt it's Vegas at fault here - but I don't have more clues
#12 - Migz
hmm, well ive just tried to render a clip directly after putting it in, no editing or anything and that came up with no video again.

This is an absolute pain in the ****

would reinstalling vegas help at all?

If not im going to upload a video showing that i click new, change only height and width, then put in a video, select all of the video, click render and then it plays with audio and no video
It's very strange indeed - can you preview in Vegas?
#14 - Migz
Can preview perfectly, lags abit because ive not got enough processing power to view it smoothly. But yeah i can see the video.
#15 - TG44
this is what they're trying to tell you.....

look at the pic and realize
Attached images
picformigzter.PNG
Noob
-
(r4ptor) DELETED by r4ptor
#17 - Migz
.... Andrew and tommy, your both wankers.

1st of all, andy your a complete nub! Dont post a useless post or ill fly over there and beat you!

2nd'ly

Quote from FOX 1977 :Why don't you try to double click on the video lane untill it automatically selects everything. It will show the selection with a "Blue selector" that has 2 yellow triangles on each end on the top of all channels/lanes.
And then it is supposed to render everything on that selection. Like when your using scripts for vegas.
Don't know if it's going to help, but give it a try.

Quote from Migz :Nope

neither has done anything, installed the codecs and nothing.

Also clicked the entire layer and nothing

Sony Vegas Sucks Balls

Anymore things that could be doing it?

Tommy your the noob....... As ive said before i did that, the traingles come up... But it still doesnt render, so stfu both and get out of my topic
Indeed.. rofl

Migz: Can you render to anything other than WMV?
#19 - Migz
Quote from r4ptor :Indeed.. rofl

Migz: Can you render to anything other than WMV?

I've tried to avi, but alas nothing

I might try a re install now and hope it works
Sorry, very strange problem you're having there. Don't have any clue
-
(TG44) DELETED by TG44
Wrong Vegas crack?
-
(Migz) DELETED by Migz
-
(TG44) DELETED by TG44
#22 - TG44
#23 - Migz
Quote from r4ptor :Sorry, very strange problem you're having there. Don't have any clue

It's alright, least you tried.

Quote from Shadowww :Wrong Vegas crack?

huh? what are you on about?
:bananadea
Quote from Migz :.... Andrew and tommy, your both wankers.

1st of all, andy your a complete nub! Dont post a useless post or ill fly over there and beat you!

2nd'ly

Tommy your the noob....... As ive said before i did that, the traingles come up... But it still doesnt render, so stfu both and get out of my topic

Was that "... so stfu both and get out of my topic." meant to me too?
#25 - Migz
Nah nah nah, that was only to andrew/andy/fire-fly
and to tommy/TG44

Because they just wanted to annoy me so i just told them to get out and insulted them over msn lol.

You can stay

(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG