The online racing simulator
LFS S2 license question
(15 posts, started )
LFS S2 license question
Hey my brother is going to Hong Kong in a week and he asked me if I wanted any PS3 games... so I said GT5 Prologue and GTA IV... however, the game I want most is LFS S2! Is there a way he can buy it there? I'm asking because I saw that you could buy it on a disk in some countries...

If not, there is this guy who had 2 S2 licenses that he wanted to sell for 20 Euros each... would this work in Australia? He also said that it was unused from a while ago... would I be able to get updates if I buy that?

Sorry for the essay
I don't believe you can buy a LFS dvd on HK...

Buying a 2nd hand license can be risky, because you don't know the background of that person on LFS.
You see, a license wallks you all the way on your LFS life
It can even be banned from some servers, etc. etc...

Now, if it works, and if you can get updates: Yes.
1st of all is a PC game, it doesn't have "zone codes"
If you buy a license (even if is used) you're entitled to have updates.

I just don't get the part that you're willing to buy the license on disk from Japan, and not just from the LFS site directly...
#3 - hda
selling LFS accounts is ilegal
#4 - JJ72
Quote from richhobo94 :Hey my brother is going to Hong Kong in a week...

Quote from eRaptor :I don't believe you can buy a LFS dvd on Japan...

Quote from richhobo94 :Hey my brother is going to Hong Kong in a week and he asked me if I wanted any PS3 games... so I said GT5 Prologue and GTA IV... however, the game I want most is LFS S2! Is there a way he can buy it there? I'm asking because I saw that you could buy it on a disk in some countries...

If not, there is this guy who had 2 S2 licenses that he wanted to sell for 20 Euros each... would this work in Australia? He also said that it was unused from a while ago... would I be able to get updates if I buy that?

Sorry for the essay

Ask him to get a credit card in Hong Kong?
You can buy CD in Japan as I see it here. Check the banner after the text " Start your engine ".
Hong Kong, Japan?

Quote from hda :selling LFS accounts is ilegal

?!

I think I never read anything that would give that ideia...
#10 - hda
ok... so i shouldnt buy it from him? thanks for the heads up~
I didn't realise LFS was available on disc anywhere - I really thought they were all about the digital distribution. I wonder if they actually have Scavier's permission to distribute their product...

And let's be honest here - it's not like the client is so massive that you need to spend a week getting it
Of course they have Scavier's permission. They're even listed on official pages with a remark of providing additional services.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :----------------------------------------------
-- LFS Forum Privacy Statement & Disclaimer --
----------------------------------------------
6) It is not allowed to (re)sell your LFS license on this forum. In fact, it is not allowed in general to sell your LFS license, as is the case with any license.

Unless it's in the license agreement, you can resell your account. The fact someone tells you that you are not allowed to sell LFS in a forum is worth nothing..
It's in the official rules on the LFS website. Rule 3.4 states that you are not allowed to share your login details with anyone. You can't sell it without sharing that info

LFS S2 license question
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG