The online racing simulator
Port numbers
(11 posts, started )
Port numbers
Hi ive opened up ports 63392 and 29339. All works well..Except.. That i only see about less then 10 servers

How can i see more servers?
Most servers don't use the standard port so you can't see/connect to them. You have to open up all ports in the 63392 area to see them all.
Oh... That sucks cuz i dont want to open all ports.

Might just find a team with their own server.
you don't need to open any ports to see the servers, afaik. Check to see what filters you are using
Did all that.. Says getting info from servers but get no reply from most of them.. Now only 2 servers show up
Do both of them have same car running in common? I accidentally hit a car button on top and couldnt figure out why im not getting all. Then pressed ALL and bam!
Yep All is set right I hope.

Attached pic.
Attached images
Noreply.JPG
Looks like it's correctly setup. Other than your incredibly high ping, I'm clueless on this one, sorry.

EDIT: to add to the post below, maybe you have some spyware killing you connection, check for that too
Quote from MattySx :Yep All is set right I hope.

Attached pic.

You can tell that you're getting the entire host list correctly because of the total number of hosts checked (include the 505 that didn't respond). The reason you're only seeing a small fraction of about 500 servers is.. your latency. The servers that didn't respond timed out, hence they are not shown in the list. I'd say sorting out whatever is causing your appalling latency will allow you to connect and play.

A little bit of info on how your 'net works could help here.
- operating system
- speed of 'net
- type of internet (adsl, cable, wired, wireless)
- if you have a router, do you connect to it wirelessly
- do you have other internet apps open at the same time (e.g. torrents, streaming video, file server)
- are you able to play other games fine

etc., anything that can pinpoint why your latency is so atrocious. You should be able to connect to servers even with dialup :\
Oh? Ill do a scan.

Net Speed: 8000/TR2 (If thats even a speed?)
ADSL No wireless (Hate wireless)

Only internet apps would be Eset NOD32, Zonealarm.
Yeh am able to play other games just fine

Ill shut everything done in a sec and try it
NOD32 and ZA shouldn't affect your connectivity, really. As long as you've permitted internet access to 'lfs.exe' in ZA, there should be nothing blocking access.

Yeah the 8k/TR2 is the 8 Mbit plan. If you're able to connect to and play other online games, on Euro servers, without (excessive) lag, it follows that the problem is somehow specifically related to LFS. The thing is, the latency displayed on the server list comes from pinging the servers, which has nothing to do with ports 63392 or 29339 (afaik). Long story short, unless your ISP is severely throttling ports LFS uses, I dunno

Port numbers
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG