The online racing simulator
The importance of good control setups
Hi, im writing this thread because i think one aspect that change the game alot besides good setups is good wheel calibration and settings. I know it sounds obvious but some options are not that clear to a newbie. By default some options are configured so that driving become hard for no apparent reasons.

I'm posting my settings because i think those make controlling the car easier than the default one. However, i'm no expert and they can probably be improved. I know those settings are documented but a template is always nice. Enough with the talk, here it goes:

I have a Logitech Black MOMO wheel

Logitech control panel
(4.60 driver)
Overall effect strength :47%
Spring effect strength : 64%
Damper effect strength : 80%
Centering springs disabled

LFS settings
FieldOView between 85-95 degree (where's the freakin degree key!)
Wheel Turn Compensation 0.54
Force strenght 111
T/B center reduction 0.60
Remove deadzone yes

Feel free to post your config!
i think you will find that for LFS, you dont really need any of the forces you have there, other than overall strength to basically keep the FFB on.

LFS produces its own forces very well, and thus alot of people do not use the wheel's own settings to adulterate/manipulate these forces.

all i have is the overall effect strength set to 50%, the rest are at 0%

in game i think i have 50% forces too.
#3 - ajp71
I use a Logitech FF GP and way lower FF settings, around 30%, simply because it's falling apart and anymore and the thing shakes uncontrolably.
I use a DFP with the 4.60 drivers. I note the max lock of any given car from the chart in the S2 manual and set up the wheel rotation to that value in the logitech control panel. Then I set the same in the game options. Finally, I set lock in garage to something like 23-25.

This gives a nice realistic feel since I think this would be considered 100% linear. Also, I set FF forces in logitech CP to 100 for strength, and everything else off. In game I change to suit my taste via the >< keys. This is probably the best way to go about setting up a DFP anyway.
Quote from poirqc :LFS settings
FieldOView between 85-95 degree (where's the freakin degree key!)

ALT+248 on the num pad=°
These settings are very personal... each driver likes it different. If you have a DFP, these would NOT be the settings to use at all. It is nice to see what other people use though
Quote from poirqc :
LFS settings
Wheel Turn Compensation 0.54
T/B center reduction 0.60
Remove deadzone yes

Thanx for the keyboard tip. I also agree that those setting are always personnal preferences. I just think those 3 setings can make a difference between twitchy control and stable control.
prob
I have a microsoft precision pro wheel.. and it has Force, but it don't work
Anybody with some tips?
Quote from smoker :I have a microsoft precision pro wheel.. and it has Force, but it don't work
Anybody with some tips?

From memory (what I read in the shop when I got my wheel) the precision doesn't have force, which is why it was £20 cheaper then the FFB. And put me off it =p
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from poirqc :Remove deadzone yes

I tried that for the first time today. So much better, as the car turns as much as the wheel so making small changes was easier, and I could keep the cars on the road.

Thanks.
You're welcome, but i'm passing the thanking to those who documented those settings first.
I've tried those settings and thought they are very good. The car feels alot more stable under all conditions.

But what do other people use aswell? I have the black momo and currently use the overall strength set @ 50% the rest at 0 with center spring off.

This thread refers to a setup thread but can't find any sign of it!

I honestly can't believe i've been fighting the car for this long not realising i could change it!!
#12 - Gunn
I have a brand new Momo and an old Momo and I can tell you that they are two completely different animals, in so many ways. :monkey: arrot:
It's not really about car setups per se but rather about your controller configuration.
I don;t seem to get the feeling of going over curbs tho with the new settings.

Does anyone else have this prob? Also do you know where that setup thread went?
I have never really looked into how to setup my steering wheel for lfs. I currently own the Logitech Momo Racing wheel and have my settings as follows.

in control panel:

Overall effect: 60%
Spring effect: 0%
Dampereffect: 0%

default spring is off!

in LFS:
I have 45% forcefeed back strength
Wheel turn compensation: 0
270 degree lock

does anyone recommend anything else for the momo racing setup? I am aware that most will propably be down to personal preferance but it would be nice to see what other fellow momo'ers outhere use

mad
The curb feeling is also affected by the car you are using and how it's tuned. With this setup, i don't really feel the curbs in a RAC on westhill. With the same steering setup, i can really feel the curbs in a UFR on South City (insert track rev).

Well, that's what it doing for me.

Btw, the UFR is a really nice to drive!

Edit - to get a better feeling of the curbs, try lowering your momo control panel value(3 of them) and up your LFS setting(mine is at 137)
Hey,
I'v got a "MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel" and I just left it all on default ATM in Windows, everythings on 100% seems fine to me :P

In LFS
Wheel Turn - 90
Wheel turn comp - 1.0
Force Strength - 63
#18 - Jakg
you want damper, centering and the one inbetween at 0 in windows
How come?
#20 - Gunn
Quote from antman2006 :How come?

Live For Speed generates its own centering forces, why allow some Logitech software to try to do the job instead?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG