The online racing simulator
Old Practice Sessions Thread
SERVER: FRO|FormulaRacing|#4

IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN SENT THE PASSWORD, PM JO53PHS

On Saturday, 3 May there will be an official practice session for the 2008 Kyoto 500.

The main purpose of this session will be to give practice in Safety Car Deployments. The SC will be deployed at random intervals. They will not be the bulk of the race, but there will be at least 3 deployments to make sure participants are familiar with the rules.

ScheduleAll Times BST (GMT +1):

1400: Server set to open practice Mode.
1445: Server Passworded. All non-Kyoto500 or LFSCART entrants kicked.
1500: All participants should be in TeamSpeak by this point. A brief Driver's Meeting will be held where I go over the full day's procedures.
15:10: 30 minute qualifying...cars sent out in groups of no more than ten, for ample time for at least 5 laps. This is to reduce risk of interference from drafting.
1540: 10 minute rest break, admins sort out any penalties, and grid order is prepared. Track open for practice AFTER two admins have confirmed screenshot of results, and time clock has expired.
1550: 90-lap race, 92 programmed.

From 1355 BST until the Race Director declares the official session over, all occurences will affect your status for the Kyoto 500.

Also, please post here if you plan on attending, so I may gauge attendance.

Entry List: (Car # - RacerName [ LFSName ]):
1. 29 - Jocelyn Gingras [ Elderado ]
2. 52 - Jake Lennan [ LazLoW ]
3. 46 - D. Southword [ Storm_Cloud ]
4. 24 - Kenneth O'Keefe [ Racer hero ]
5. 87 - Kristjan Jarve [ Kristjan.J ]

d
#2 - J@tko
I've just watched the replay and I have to say a few things about the start
  • Most clutch burning was due to poor clutch control out of the grids and/or general impatience. Other clutch burning was due to people being incapable of looking at their position at the start, and finding the box with the position number on.
  • The staggered triple file was a bit of a mess. You should keep in rows of 3 (staggered if possible). That is the one of the two purposes of the second grid.
Present.
darn I'm in Whistler that weekend
Good chance I'll be there.
Jake Lennan #52
I cannot do it Saturdays because of my real life ^^ why is it so important, this real life??? I think when god made the world, he should have creat it in LFS style, and upload it on all computers...
As I said... I won't be there, for 100%
Quote from Zachary Zoomy :darn I'm in Whistler that weekend

Who's Whistler? :lovies:

I should be there, no other plans at the moment.
I might be there
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Who's Whistler?

Not sure but here's his mother.........

I will try and be there.
Whistler is a village 3 hours away from Vancouver. I'm playing in a huge music festival there.
Are those times in EST? If its GMT I wont be able to make it. If its EST I MIGHT but not for sure :S
Quote :Are those times in EST? If its GMT I wont be able to make it. If its EST I MIGHT but not for sure :S

GMT

Best, Maz
Quote from Mazar :GMT

Best, Maz

no... GMT+1 they are in BST, and that is GreenwichMainTime +1 hour

Quote from dekojester :On Saturday, 3 May there will be an official practice session for the 2008 Kyoto 500.

[...]

ScheduleAll Times BST (GMT +1):

[...]

Last edited by dekojester : Today at 16:48.

As you evilpimp can see that deko added it a few minutes after reading your question
Id like to, but i didnt come to drive 300 laps for the 500
Quote from Stefani24 :Id like to, but i didnt come to drive 300 laps for the 500

the 300 laps are no requirement to enter a testevent, they are just a requirement for entering the qualifying... that's what I know, hope I am up to speed.... ehm... up to date
Quote from TFalke55 :the 300 laps are no requirement to enter a testevent, they are just a requirement for entering the qualifying... that's what I know, hope I am up to speed.... ehm... up to date

Correct: You must satisfy all the requirements in the Entry thread on or before 21 June to be a Kyoto 500 entrant.

For what it's worth, everyone's still a provisional entry.

d
I think i'm there.
Quote from TFalke55 :no... GMT+1 they are in BST, and that is GreenwichMainTime +1 hour

Its Greenwich Mean Time you fool!
Ah, then I probably won't make it.
Quote from JO53PHS :Its Greenwich Mean Time you fool!

Main... Mean... well... never read it, just listened to it I'm not a Brit... We just call it Worldtime (Weltzeit), or at least I call it this way, in daily language Some aeroplanes still use the name Zulu for it, other the name UTC
As long as everyone knows what is meant it is okey, isn't it
Also, this will be held in FRO|FormulaRacing.org|#4

Teamspeak will be in use for Race Control directives.

Please direct TS questions to Mazar, as I believe he's set everyone on the entry list to get into it.

Remember, even if you have not confirmed entry for this official session, you may show up "at the door" and be into it, as long as you're in by 1500 BST.

d

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG