The online racing simulator
Suspension sounds
(12 posts, started )
Suspension sounds
I wonder there is no suspension sounds in LFS - most of suspension sounds come from suspension arm hitting the rubber bumber or other range blockers. We don't need to have them modelled - it is just the range of suspension arm movement - the sound is really similar to the one we have now, which is used when going out of track but I don't think it comes wich susp arm movement range.

Another one is when going over the curb - is the sound the tyre hitting the surface or suspension also?

I'd love to hear tension on the body, but it would be ridgid body for a long time, so no hope for this one
About sounds, i would like to have better ''hit'' sounds
Like when you are using bf1 and you hit the wall with the tire then it comes metal sounds, and if you crash with a car in a wall when driving 10 km/h and 200 km/h then it comes same sound.

Shortcut: Update sounds

About "suspension sounds", it is a good idea, but I think it shouldn't get priority, it isn't really that important. And to get it sounding & work realistically would be rather big work. But it's true that many racing / rallying cars make a lot noise from suspension when comparing to stock road cars. Even my road car's modified suspension likes to keep doing this "chirping" sound when going over bumps etc.
Good idea but I think they should keep thinking other more important things for now.
Quote from aroX123 :... Shortcut: Update sounds...

Yep, I think sound is the most weak point of LFS
I think suspension sounds would be pretty darn awesome.

I also think that the graphics needs a bit of an update, not saying that they are bad now - but it could be better.

Maybe use a later version of DX, to enable more options?
That's what's needed. Then it'd support pixel shaders and better realtime lighting.

You want to be the one to tell Scawen to update all of the rendering code?

[and BTW, wrong thread]
Quote from flymike91 :been suggested albeit in a different section so I won't murder you
http://www.lfsforum.net/showth ... ghlight=suspension+sounds

it is not simulated it is just very rough approximation.

And it is mostly about "squeaks, clonks and rattles" that come from the body not suspension - but forces at every wheel are vectors, each one has 3D components - so it wouldnt be a problem to calculate tensions on the body too.
I would like this stuff for LFS. A little bit of extra sound detail could go a long way.
+1

I thought about this when my XFG bounced over the bumps of South City today. At least a generic "klonk" for each wheel when the suspension hits its limits would be nice as a start. Not only for immersion but for setup purpose too.

Suspension sounds
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG